Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two brand new Dymag Magnesium wheels not long ago, the rear designed for SBK, and the front for a 900ss (got a deal on them). I was told that the 900ss front wheel would work on my 748 if I were to simply swap out the bearings- not true!

I thought I was up the creek when I called around looking for anyone with knowledge of Dymag wheels. The impression I got was that not many retailers carried Dymag because they are a pain in the ass to deal with.
After exhausting all of the options I could think of, I emailed Dymag on a whim, and to my suprise, I got an email back within 12 hours! I can't begin to explain how helpful they were. Would you believe that they drew up a CAD schematic of what would be needed to make the wheel work, and fabricated me the piece (a 4mm spacer) at no charge!!

Also, I mentioned that I was going to have the wheels powdercoated, and that I wanted to buy some replacement decals. I had a set of decals at my door 7 days later, again- no charge.

I know some retailers have apparently had issues with them in the past, but I wanted to share my positive experience with them, and do what I can to clear their name here in the States. I couldn't be happier with my set.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Dymag (Holiday)

Excellent customer service at its finest

Good to hear some good news, with all the bad out there

Maybe if I call them they will give me a set

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have had to deal with the guys at dymag themselves regard a carbon swingarm issue and they were great. i believe there was a person selling them who did quite some damage to their reputation.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (brad black)

A couple of years back we purchased a set of Dymags for my wife's Monster. No one at Ducati, or the dealership from where we purchased the bike could give us the correct axle diameter for a 2000 M900s. The folk at Dymag were able to come up with the correct size and everything went together perfectly.
As soon as cash flow allows I'll be ordering a set for my 900ss/sp.
So far Dymag seems to be good on customer support, product quality, and pricing. Let's hope the trend continues.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (abrussich)

anybody got their new forged aluminum wheels?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (mrgrn)

Holiday, Can you please provide me with the name of ther person at DYMAG?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (BlackHawk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackHawk »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Holiday, Can you please provide me with the name of ther person at DYMAG?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Steve Turner ([email protected]). He's short winded via email, but he's very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts