Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new rear tire ..I had the Dunlop Sportmax Q2 .. but the Mileage Sucks.
And I was interested to have the size 190/55/17 installed, and in the Dunlop Roadsmart..because the great Mileage they get with this tire ....but they don't come in that size..can I go a size smaller 180/55/17

or do you know a other tire in the size 190/55/17 with a great mileage.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I'm in the market for a new rear tire ..I had the Dunlop Sportmax Q2 .. but the Mileage Sucks.
And I was interested to have the size 190/55/17 installed, and in the Dunlop Roadsmart..because the great Mileage they get with this tire ....but they don't come in that size..can I go a size smaller 180/55/17

or do you know a other tire in the size 190/55/17 with a great mileage.
Hey H-RC51,

180\55-17 is Fine! And it IMO IS actually is Better then the OEM 190\50-17!

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Why not look at the Michelin Pilot Road 2CT in a 190/55R17?

I run a 190/55R17 Michelin Pilot power 2CT(the new one I am drawing a blank on model name) on the back and the older 2CT on the front. While the mileage is less than desirable the stickyness when ridden at a moderate pace makes up for it to me. and when I do feel like getting a little sideways it breaks loose in a very controllable slide. I love mine who cares about mileage when you have traction. and I put over 10k a year on so it is about 2 1/2 tires a year.

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
If you're looking for mileage and more stickiness than you can use try that Pilot Road 2. I've tried them on a 600rr and they were very nice with neutral feel. They are still available but I heard they are currently being replaced/updated. I would use a 180.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had great luch with the Pirelli Strada. Only it doesn't come in the 190/55 but it comes in the 180/55 and gets great milage and handles like a dream. Not as good as my 2CT's but still a good tire.

·
'51 Freak
164 Posts
+1 on the Pirelli but try the Diablo Rosso...comes in the 190/55. I like to shred tires and the one's on my rc have 3000+ with only light signs of wear...
3 compound tire I got a sweet deal...check around!

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
3 compound tire I got a sweet deal...check around!
Not knocking the Rosso but I didn't think there was such a thing (sweet deal) on a Pirelli. Especially compared to getting Pilot Powers for $197 shipped.

·
Hen Pecked
170 Posts
I put about 1500 miles on some OEM sized Roadsmarts before it snowed out here. I was coming off some BT014's that were also great, but my too much highway time killed the rear's shape and the front got cupped and really messed up the handling. The Roadsmarts are very nice so far and have been very easy to trust leaned over. They feel very neutral. I'll see how they handle milage this season.

·
I love Twins.
72 Posts
Why not look at the Michelin Pilot Road 2CT in a 190/55R17?

I run a 190/55R17 Michelin Pilot power 2CT(the new one I am drawing a blank on model name) on the back and the older 2CT on the front. While the mileage is less than desirable the stickyness when ridden at a moderate pace makes up for it to me. and when I do feel like getting a little sideways it breaks loose in a very controllable slide. I love mine who cares about mileage when you have traction. and I put over 10k a year on so it is about 2 1/2 tires a year.

Same here I have put a set of polit power 2ct's on a few weeks ago and have to say they handle like in tracks. So the road act's should be good to.
There was a set of Bridgestone BT014's on it when I got it and couldn't pull it aroun the corners and won't be using them again. Mitchlin get my vote as different bikes suit different tyres and I know 180's are men to turn in quicker but not the case with the mitchlin 190-55/17.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts