Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probably spoken about a million times but I think the old stuff is missing of the search. on the sniff for new rubber.

208GP's or 208ZR's for road/track? I guess the GP's are not meant for road riding but anyone using them?

anyone tried out Bridgestone BT014's yet?

Ped
(go on flame away....)

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are going to ride them on the street as well as track, I would suggest the GPA's. They are by far the best tire I have personally used on the track and the british made gpa's wear very well on the street.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The problem with running race tires on the street is that they typically get heat cycled to death. If I HAD to run a race tire on the street, it would probably be the Sportmax GP's, these are the new breed of Dunlop Race tires. Some call them 209 gp's, but Dunlop refers to them as Sportmax GP's. They are the british carcass & you have a choice in compounds.

On the flip side I run the BT-014's on my RC. I like them alot for the street, but keep in mind it is still a street tire. When on the track I prefer a race tire.

Double duty is a tough one. You usually give something up in one area to get a little in another. Also keep in mind race tires are NOT cheap. They are the top performing tires that companies offer. They are also designed with one thing in mind....racing. Long Sunday rides are not their strong point.

My suggestions
BT-014's & a extra set of wheels for some track rubber. Try the BT-002, great race tire & AWESOME wear. That way your race tires will have a similar profile to your street tires.

John
www.scracecenter.com

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
diablo's

I've got diablo corsas at the moment and not overly stoaked. I don't like the front being 5mm taller than any other and also find the profile does not suit my riding style at all and I have no confidence in the front since 2 front end wash outs at about 70kph whilst on the gas.

the 208's/014's look like they have a more linear profile which I prefer

Ped

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm on my fourth set of michelin pilot powers,and I like them very much.They heat up fast and grip like a bitch.I have not had them on the track, but a few of my freinds have and said they are a great tire for track/street.
The dunlops suck..imo.....the front always felt like a stone skipping across water in the tight turns and they only lasted for about 2800 miles as where i'm getting around 6400miles on the pilot powers..

·
Registered
137 Posts
It sounds like the BT-014 would be a great choice for you to try. Nice rounded profile, great grip & bump compliance. Remember to drop your pressures on the track, I usually suggest 31 fr & 29 rear.

John
www.scracecenter.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts