Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am enjoing my new RC51 very much. 1500 mile in a rainy May/June is not too bad for a newbie.

I have a question. Please feel free to mock my lack of knowledge, as I am sure you will. However, somewhere in the mocking please give me a real answer.

Can you / should you remove the discoloration of the exagust pipes? If so, how?

It does not really bother me, I just want to take good care of my bike.

Thanks for the advice.

JMass

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dumb Newbie Question (twotone)

Yea, the stock pipes will turn a dark copperish color just ahead of the can... rest assured, if you up grade to a higher end system with titanium mid pipes your gonna get a nice little rainbow on them! LOL I see it as kind of a badge of honor...like having a huge offroad truck covered in mud...you dont wash it for weeks! LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone told me long time ago that the rainbow discoloration is a good thing. He mentioned that speed boats use that discoloration as a mark to cut the pipes to get the most out of the engine. Is this true?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your thinking of the hotest point. What they do for cars when the put in a X pipe for y pipe for the V8 you spray paint the pipe and see where the paint burns off the most. The hotest point thats where your supoosed to cut off and add the x or y pipe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey! that's called "character", you'll learn to like it, just like you'll learn to like all the weird noises the RC will start making as it gets older....I can barely hear the engine over alll the other stuff going on, and love it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Dumb Newbie Question (JMass)

You can also buy a scottbrite (??) pad or didn't Honda gave you one to clean the pipes up a bit..works ok or just go to OSH and ask them for something to keep your stainly steel clean without scratching them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just remember there is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Dumb Newbie Question (Rocryder)

stainless steel changes to a golden hue when heated... it's totally normal

the only stupid question is one that isnt asked

but before you ask, try a keyword search, it's probably been answered already

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, if it gets on your nerves, try Birchwood Casey's Blue and Rust Remover. It can be found in the guns section at Wal-Mart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMass »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I am enjoing my new RC51 very much

Please feel free to mock my lack of knowledge, as I am sure you will.

Can you / should you remove the discoloration of the exagust pipes?
JMass</TD></TR></TABLE>

The spelling Nazi strikes again

Your lack of knowledge is displayed well.

enjoying

exhaust

1 - 13 of 13 Posts