Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
interesting comments.... (got this from the Speed forum)

"...and what is clear to me is that in this championship, to get the best results you need the big experience. Probably it is a combination of the big bikes, like the Superbike and the MotoGP, needs more experience than the 250, probably. And I would say it is more difficult. But look at Barros and Nicky. Nicky's a very fast guy. In terms of pure lap time, he can be, even the fastest guy out there, like it happened sometimes. But in terms of the World Championship. Barros was in front of him, is the point. They need time to get the best result, and unfortunately for the young boys, there's a lot of experienced guys around that are still very fast. But I think all the young boys like Nicky, Melandri, Hopkins, Rub?Xaus, they just have no pressure, they just have to think about in three or four years' time, it will be in their time. "

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Ducatis Livio Supo on Nicky Hayden (drsus)

Hmmm... "no pressure"? I'm not so sure about that. Well... if Nicky, Melandri, Hopkins, Rub?Xaus stay healthy and do relatively well, I guess there is a chance that they can rotate from team to team every couple seasons. Is this what he is suggesting? The problem is, if you don't perform, then you are no longer on one of the top teams with the top equipment... and it would get harder with time.

I think it's simply an issue of consistency... period. Like he said and to use his example, Nicky has the speed, but...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ducatis Livio Supo on Nicky Hayden (drsus)

When did Valentino get old? Isn't he 25? The rest of the fields only hope is that Vale will get bored with winning Moto GP championships and move on to formula 1.

As for future talent, I think the 2008 championship will come down to the wire between Elias and Hopkins.

....but I'll never stop rooting for Nicky!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rossi is never part of the norm when talking about the way things are between all the other riders..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts