Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my groom's cake from wedding a couple wknds ago. Pics dont do it justice but I had to share with fellow Ducatisti who'd appreciate the detail... :rockon

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MaliciousBraham said:
Is it just me or is there something horribly Ironic about those pictures...
Do you mean to suggest marriage = ball n chain = no bike?! :confused: Not with this one! (I know, that's what they all say). The cake was actually a surprise from her! :rockon

·
Registered
192 Posts
doocatiboy said:
Do you mean to suggest marriage = ball n chain = no bike?! :confused: Not with this one! (I know, that's what they all say). The cake was actually a surprise from her! :rockon
Its a trick! That's the last "bike" he's gonna own. I hope it at least tasted good :)

In a couple of months, check the classified...his bike is gonna be there with a "...baby on the way, gotta get rid of the bike..." HAHAHHAHAHA sucker.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When we got married a few years ago, my bride surprised me with an ice sculpture of me on my 748. I'll look for a pic....

·
Registered
180 Posts
....this is just my opinion of course. And since its the internet...well, who cares.

...but, wedding seems like its something you do once and its a bit of a sacred ritual. I went to a wedding one time, the guy was a U. of Georgia grad. That was the whole theme of the wedding colors, etc. To me, it seemed tastless and tacky. I understand its just a cake and all.....but a B-day...great...a wedding?

·
Varmint-Kong
249 Posts
Irony for sure...

love/hate relationship-

brings you down followed by incredible highs-

spending shitloads of money whether you want to or not=

you want your buds to be envious but really don't want anyone else to ride 'her'-

yup, sums up marriage and Ducati ownership to me, wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
465 Posts
sadatay said:
....this is just my opinion of course. And since its the internet...well, who cares.

...but, wedding seems like its something you do once and its a bit of a sacred ritual. I went to a wedding one time, the guy was a U. of Georgia grad. That was the whole theme of the wedding colors, etc. To me, it seemed tastless and tacky. I understand its just a cake and all.....but a B-day...great...a wedding?
I agree with you because how the heck is all the guest gonna get a piece of the cake:confused: If it was a life size cake, now your talking:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sadatay said:
I would agree that a themed wedding would dilute the event. I don't know (nor do I care) if you were referencing a Ducati cake but I didn't find the event diminished even nominally at my own or a couple other weddings at which I've seen a special groom's cake.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think its cool you've got a woman who respects and shares your interests. You are a lucky guy...

But if I saw that cake at my wedding, I would turn and run because it was obviously meant as a statement to be the last bike I would ever enjoy in my entire life :eek:

or perhaps a suitable "replacement" for my current bike :eek:

or an ultimatum to pick which "ride" I wanted, the bike or her :eek:

or maybe I spent so much on the bike, thats all she could afford for a cake :eek:

or perhaps because I am already married to the bike, she is off limits :eek:

etc, etc, etc... it just keeps going and going. Seriously those really are the most ironic images I've ever seen.

I dont judge other people's weddings. Whatever makes you guys happy is fine by me. What does it matter what I think anyway, right? :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MaliciousBraham said:
I think its cool you've got a woman who respects and shares your interests. You are a lucky guy...

But if I saw that cake at my wedding, I would turn and run because it was obviously meant as a statement to be the last bike I would ever enjoy in my entire life

or perhaps a suitable "replacement" for my current bike

or an ultimatum to pick which "ride" I wanted, the bike or her

or maybe I spent so much on the bike, thats all she could afford for a cake

or perhaps because I am already married to the bike, she is off limits

etc, etc, etc... it just keeps going and going. Seriously those really are the most ironic images I've ever seen.

I dont judge other people's weddings. Whatever makes you guys happy is fine by me. What does it matter what I think anyway, right?
:clapper Hehe...
My wife is great (of course! why else would I have married her?!). Hell, she encouraged the purchase of my 2nd Duc so I don't think she'll be after me to lose either. My balls have taken some beating from my riding buddies, pretty much trying to worry me with those above thoughts!

And AMS, it does have the SPS tail though no SPS markings. Go figure. Must've been the previous ownder. Maybe that's why I smoke my buddy (who's 25lbs lighter) on his 916 - nah...I'm just a better rider

·
Long Time/First Time
27 Posts
Just gotta find the right one

smokeM said:
Its a trick! That's the last "bike" he's gonna own. I hope it at least tasted good

In a couple of months, check the classified...his bike is gonna be there with a "...baby on the way, gotta get rid of the bike..." HAHAHHAHAHA sucker.
Believe it or not, some (many?) wives support the whole bike thing. I sold my previous bike after my first daughter was born & I had my first & only accident (after 33 years of riding & it was a minor one). After my second daughter was born, my wife suggested that with all of the time we spend with our kids, I needed something that was just for me and SHE suggested that I get another motorcycle.

The best part was when I suggested that I get a biposto. "Who is going to ride on it with you?" she asked.

"You?" I offered.

She shook her head. "Not anymore."

"Avery," (my daughter) I suggested. She scowled.

"Hot chicks I pick up?" She fell on the floor laughing. I saw immediately that she was right.

And now I love riding, and the family gets to gawk at, my 748R. I clearly found the right one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ngarhart said:
Believe it or not, some (many?) wives support the whole bike thing. I sold my previous bike after my first daughter was born & I had my first & only accident (after 33 years of riding & it was a minor one). After my second daughter was born, my wife suggested that with all of the time we spend with our kids, I needed something that was just for me and SHE suggested that I get another motorcycle.

The best part was when I suggested that I get a biposto. "Who is going to ride on it with you?" she asked.

"You?" I offered.

She shook her head. "Not anymore."

"Avery," (my daughter) I suggested. She scowled.

"Hot chicks I pick up?" She fell on the floor laughing. I saw immediately that she was right.

And now I love riding, and the family gets to gawk at, my 748R. I clearly found the right one.
Yeah, I was just razzing him.

My wife supports me in all my endevours but I had to fight to get a bike. Not really a fight as there was no compromise.

She was only looking out for my safety but, I basically had to get my bike without her help. She finally came around and help setup the logistics of getting my bike once she knew I was going to get the bike.

Its still fun to razz the "new" people I bet he'll loose something :) once they have a baby LOL. Women are funny sometimes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts