Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
be totally or mostly redesigned.
I have recently sold my 998. Sadly, I under estimated the heartache selling my baby will bring me, so I back in the market. Problem is that I am looking for a 998 with warranty which is not possible if I want red, I can have a yucky green or pay extra for FE which is not an option.
So, I am coming to grips with the realization that I may just have to wait for the 999 to be redesigned and get a new 999 or whatever its called then, as long as its going to happen soon, 1-2 years..If there is light at the end of the tunnel I can wait that long.
Only other bike that is even closely attractive to me is the MV but its got a 4 cyl engine...and I cant seem to get the rumble of the Vtwin outta my head..
Some of you might ask why I need a bike with warranty...well unlike some of you, I can afford to buy a Duc..I cant affordto fix it outta warranty, and the odds of a Duc breaking down are sadly, higher than that of a Jap bike..(Flame suit ON)..
So, what do you guys in the "cirleof trust " have to say about this........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or access to "information". ... (kam1996)

I must ask you this question. What is the problem with the 999? Why must you wait for a re-design?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or access to "information". ... (Kevlar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kevlar »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I must ask you this question. What is the problem with the 999? Why must you wait for a re-design?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

....and you might not like the re-design!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or access to "information". ... (Kevlar)

Answer: ( and this is just a personal opinion)..
It is BUTT UGLY..
Sorry..
No offence intended..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or access to "information". ... (kam1996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kam1996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Answer: ( and this is just a personal opinion)..
It is BUTT UGLY..
Sorry..
No offence intended..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree 100%, sorry kevlar, they are undoutely a fine machine but the front end asthetics desperately need re-penning IMO...flame suit on and ready.

I still love the 916 - 998

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or access to "information". ... (Monstaman)

Why not buy a 999 and make your own front ... I thought you guys liked the mod process?

Or be patient and save up for a FE ... OR buy a 998 second hand (and use the savings as your warranty for issues)?

Pete

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or access to "information". ... (PSk)

Even being a small design slap to the pen.....visual redesign surely must be a forthcomming issue / likely already completed in many faces but sure to find the peace with "the people", /after all nobody should think reputation in design and sales don't matter
cha ching..........

and send me a free and new starter while your at it

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or acces ... (throttlehead)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by throttlehead »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even being a small design slap to the pen.....visual redesign surely must be a forthcomming issue / likely already completed in many faces but sure to find the peace with "the people", /after all nobody should think reputation in design and sales don't matter
cha ching..........

and send me a free and new starter while your at it
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Could you explain that in english please ... lost me.

Also does anybody have sales figures comparisons for the 998 versus 999?

Pete

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or acces ... (PSk)

okay so the front end of the current superbikes have ,, lets say .. to be desired .
but all i can say is , it's an excelent bike all around , as long as i'm riding it i can't see the front

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or acces ... (04749s)

And to be sure, many believe the 999 to be totally exotic in the looks department. It may not be the A+ of the 998, but I'd give it a B+ or A-, and few are at this design level, and for sure, I'd give the 999 an A+ ride versus the 998's B+ or A-. Seriously. I ride both.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or acces ... (sfarson)

get yourself a 999 and then give thornsten a call!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or acces ... (doughboy_748r)

Modified by kell749 at 3:03 PM 7/27/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or acces ... (kell749)

kell,

man all i can cook is bacon and eggs. hmmm.... maybe that doughboy got out of "The Island"...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Ducati Owners with Contacts in the company or access to "information". ... (PSk)

when mention is made of the front end being ugly what is it, the wings that you dont like?
if so i have an answer...

and the rear end..

Modified by Jamie_Ducati at 6:05 PM 7/26/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can understand people not liking the redesign. I was not sure about it at the begining either. But I think any re-design is going to throw off some people, and that's good. What use would a re-design be if it didn't push boundries and challange design elements. The more I saw the 9 series the more it grew on me. I finally got to ride one at Grattan, and that was it for me, I had to have one. I got a '04 749s, and the only thing looks wise I don't like is the older style swing arm. Overall though I now find the bike, especially the "s", to be really amazingly beautiful. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (georgeb)

How about a Aprilia?
I wanted a 999, but the standard bike just didn't do it for me, and the 999s or 999r was way too much. I was looking for a lightly crashed 999 to trick out.
But I wound up getting a Aprilia Factory instead. It is a good cross between a Ducati and a Japanese bike. Better reliability and less maintenance costs then a Ducati and you can find a new leftover 2004 model for under $14k
I love this bike – but I still would like a Ducati…

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (Eddie)

May be there is something wrong with me..
But to me..NOTHING that is available for sale Today...looks like THIS!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: (Eddie)

May be there is something wrong with me..
But to me..NOTHING that is available for sale Today...looks like THIS!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (kam1996)

Well,Kam,looks like an answer glaring in your face......find the last model 998! End of story,I'd accept a 999 though as progressive.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: (ducxl)

The 999 is sooo much better looking. The 916/996/998 version is kinda girly now in retrospect...it looks all pinched...besides for me the ergos are much better on the 999...I am curious as to what the new iteration will look like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts