Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Speedzilla members. I'm posting this event here because I know some of you will trek down to Nor Cal's Thunderhill to do trackdays. Heres your chance to sign up for the premier event of the season. We still have other ideas on the table to make the day even more interesting, we will update when that happens.

I'm pleased to announce the Ducati Owners Group of Sacramento will be hosting a private trackday on Wednesday September 29th at Thunderhill Raceway. Motowheels is sponsoring the event. This will be our 4th event and so far our track record for attendence has been 100%. The majority of riders from our previous event were returnees, that told us we hit the mark in terms of putting on a trackday all of us could enjoy.

This year will be even better because we will have the outstanding suspension services of Dave Moss, professional track photography of GotBlueMilk.com and vendors such as Leo Vince (love their systems) and clothing icon Dainese. Of course, lunch and refreshments will be served and as the event draws closer we will keep you updated, we have some other enhancing possibilities in the pipeline.

For now we are offering a 10% discount for the first 20 riders to sign up. That will be $200, afterwhich the price goes to $220, after Sept 1st it will be $239. So think fast and take advantage of this special now. Motowheels just posted this event on their website, go to the left column on the home page and click "trackdays". As you will see there are 20 slots open under the special price. All bikes are welcome and so are your friends. This event has always been ideal for both the beginner and advanced rider, offering a foremat without restrictions common with organized track days. You come and go on the track as you desire, no A B or C groups. From our previous experiences, after about 45 minutes things sort themselves out to a point where the track averages approximately 12 to 15 riders at any given time. Spread those numbers out over a three mile track and you have plenty of freedom to ride without feeling closed in. Its a relaxed, mature and respectful atmosphere, this is a no squid zone.

I'll also be updating the DOG website in a few days so go to www.ducati-owners-group.com. We have a dedicated trackday page and it will detail bike prep and other incidentals associated with the event. I'll post up a link there to take you directly to the Motowheels website for payment purposes. While your there you might want to look around for things like sliders, stomp grip tank pads, tires and even maintenence products for your bike. Proper preparation of your bike will make for a more enjoyable track day.

See you all at the track!

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
As of today only 23 riders have registered...this will give new meaning to a "private trackday". This is ONLY 20% of the normal crowd at a commercial track day. We will have the track all to our selves...

-M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts