Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (duc_748)

Thanks for the heads up!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (Sagerider)

Oh yeah that's a big thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the heads up! Are you riding up from LA? I am leaving on Thursday and returning on Monday via back/twisty/fun roads. Let me know if anyone is interested in joining in on the fun!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducati.com »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Keep in mind, that a parking pass is required to park on Ducati Island this year but does not guarantee a place on the Island. Parking is limited by physical capacity and will be first come, first serve to anyone with a pass.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okaaaaaay...

So if it's first come, first served, and having a pass doesn't guarantee you a spot on the island, what exactly is the POINT???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So if it's first come, first served, and having a pass doesn't guarantee you a spot on the island, what exactly is the POINT? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well..... you could always put the pass in a scrapbook of GP memorabilia.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (SkyMiles)

sky, leaving on fri morning and might be trailing bikes up there but not sure yet. i will have 748 and monster for a east coast buddy. you can IM if you want to hook up. we should have a speedzilla meet up at ducati island!
if any of us actually get in!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Okaaaaaay...

So if it's first come, first served, and having a pass doesn't guarantee you a spot on the island, what exactly is the POINT???

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uhh. If you don't have a pass it doesn't matter if the island is empty. You ain't getting in. So the point is you register and get a free pass and then have the chance that you may get to park there. But you already knew that right?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (hbliam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hbliam »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Uhh. If you don't have a pass it doesn't matter if the island is empty. You ain't getting in. So the point is you register and get a free pass and then have the chance that you may get to park there. But you already knew that right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah.

Apparently, I'm the only one who thinks it's a STUPID idea. Have fun on your island.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah.

Apparently, I'm the only one who thinks it's a STUPID idea. Have fun on your island.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not going. THey say it will be sold out (the entire venue) for the first time ever. I went during a regular year and had a hard time finding somewhere to watch from. As far as the pass goes. They ought to just make it first come, first served and then close it. At least they are giving some warning so guys can buy regular parking passes just in case.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No more passes -- as posted on Ducati's website when you click to get the form itself to register:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for inquiring about parking on Ducati Island. All Ducati Island parking passes have been issued. We apologize for the inconvenience. Come join us on the Island to experience Ducati owner hospitality and to cheer on Bostrom, Hodgson, Capirossi and Checa with fellow Ducatisti!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (superleggera)

okay ... depending if any of us make it in ???? where would a good spot to do
the meet and greet ???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Anyone actually recieve their parking pass yet? Still hoping but have not recieved any thing...........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (04749s)

Haven't received my parking permit yet, not looking very good for my chances.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have 3 arrived yesterday. Anybody want's to buy one? $300.00 each. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (team-red)

as you know they will checkin vin's ... so the parking permit comes with the bike right

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: (04749s)

Forgot to mention that a bike comes with the pass.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

imagine the huge waste of time cross checking the number on the pass attached to your helmet strap with their master list while every one is waiting in line in the sweltering heat.Just seems like a huge waste of time just getting in there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: ducati island parking moto gp (Lossimo996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lossimo996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imagine the huge waste of time cross checking the number on the pass attached to your helmet strap with their master list while every one is waiting in line in the sweltering heat.Just seems like a huge waste of time just getting in there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I imagine a great deal of the weekend is going to be be spent with "every one is waiting in line in the sweltering heat." A track official told me they think they are going to sell out, general admission too, for the first time in track history...

Can you imagine the lines going to the heads, over the bridges, etc?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts