Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok -- I stepped up to make this happen. It's your turn now!

Lets get the coolest, baddest and wildest custom Ducati's to the show in Los Angeles! Monsters, Supersports, MH900s, Superbikes -- bring it all. This is the biggest outdoor motorcycle event in the entire SouthWest and now we are fully participating in it. We have LOTS of room in the show area itself, we have spokesmodels on hand for photographs, and there is LOTS of activities to keep busy between the Metric Midway and the V-twin custom area.

If you have questions, feel free to contact myself for more details.

Thanks!

Mark
MotoCreations.com
e-mail: [email protected]

(note: Dave / Moderator -- CycleWorld as part of my feature in the upcoming July issue is supposed to mentioned "Speedzilla" -- hopefully you get a bunch of new traffic! Sorry for the 'sponsor-ish sounding' post. I want to make this industry grow. People talk and dream -- I just prefer to make things actually happen...)

------------------------------------------
(press release that went out today across the Internet from Jim Gianatsis, Director of the LA Calendar Show itself)

<FONT COLOR="Red">Ducati Featured Marque in new MotoCreations.com sponsored
Metric Midway at expanded LA Calendar Motorcycle Show Weekend
July 16-17th </FONT>

Los Angeles, CA May 25th - An exciting new feature of this year's Los Angles Calendar Motorcycle Show at the Queen Mary Event Park in Long Beach on July 16-17th 2005 with be the MotoCreations.com sponsored Metric Midway where Ducati motorcycles will be the featured marque. A wide range of special activities for Ducati enthusiasts and fans will be taking place in the Midway including custom and performance bike displays, a special MotoCreations Ducati trophy contest class, together with related Venders, Dealers and Product Manufacturers.

Activities are being organized by Mark Savory of MotoCreations.com, designer and manufacturer of limited edition Ducati powered sportbikes, who's first prototype bike was premiered to the world at the Show last year. This year Mark is planning to introduce the final production version of his new Ducati V-twin powered roadster, as well as reveal an all new prototype design currently dubbed the "Boom Tube Flyer" - a 1920's era boardtrack racer meets art deco design with a Ducati single cylinder racing power plant.

On display both days in the Metric Midway will be many of Ducati of North America's Monster Challenge competitors who exhibited in the recent Cycle World International Motorcycle Show tour, with this the first opportunity for many of the customized Monster bikes to be displayed all together in one location at the same time. MotoWheels.com will also be displaying their highly modified late model Ducati Superbikes. And then on Sunday will be the MotoCreations Ducati Bike Show Contest open to all Ducati bike owner entries.

But the action doesn't stop there. Also featured in the Show's Metric Midway all weekend long will be beautiful girl DJ Samantha Lee (djSamanthaLee.com) spinning her original dance tunes to keep things jumping, while spectators can enjoy home made BBQ cooking and Hooters Hot Wings with the beautiful Hooters Girls. While right next door the world record setting Jardine West Coast Horsepower Dyno Shootout will be going full full throttle, open to all contestants, with its own trophy awards and prizes.

The entire Show weekend's activities are being hosted by TV star and SBK World Superbike Ducati Corse umbrella girl "Rockin' Robin Cunningham, former Miss Texas and Miss Hawaiian Tropic International. The weekend also serves as the world premier of the the new 2006 FastDates.com Motorcycle Pinup Calendars, published by Show producer Jim Gianatsis, with Robin featured in all the new Calendars which will be available at the Show.

The MotoCreations.com Metric Midway is just a small portion of the LA Calendar Motorcycle Show Weekend which is the biggest custom and performance streetbike show in America, and an Official Qualifying Round of the AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Building. Complete details of all the Show's activities are available online at www.FastDates.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ducati Featured Marque (superleggera)

That is cool Mark you are well into it now.

Wish we had shows like that in NZ, miss that sort of thing!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ducati Featured Marque (Monstaman)

Me, and my Monster Challenge winning M750CRi.e. will be in attendance both days!

Kudo's to Mark for fronting this kind of exposure!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ducati Featured Marque (Duck-Stew)

Duck-Stew, do you have a picture of your bike to put up?...would be cool.

I wish I was in the US to help Mark, I have helped organise many events and even started a motorcycle club here which is well cool ... we need this sorta thing in NZ.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Ducati Featured Marque (Monstaman)

Mark,
Sounds like a winner. Good luck with the show and in dealing with the headaches that are sure to ensue. Making it to the finals in Dayotna was nerve racking enough for us so we'll just watch from the sidelines.
Good luck to all who participate and remember the main point is to have fun and a good time.
Duc-Stu, keep us posted on how it all turns out.

Al & Kyle B.
Daytona 3rd place winner.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Ducati Featured Marque (superleggera)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superleggera »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(note: Dave / Moderator -- CycleWorld as part of my feature in the upcoming July issue is supposed to mentioned "Speedzilla" -- hopefully you get a bunch of new traffic! Sorry for the 'sponsor-ish sounding' post. I want to make this industry grow. People talk and dream -- I just prefer to make things actually happen...)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No complaints here!

Thanks for the plug, and make sure you post TONS of photos of the event for those of us that are in the wrong part of the country and cannot attend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts