Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was able to visit the home of Ducati on Friday in Bologna. Always dreamed of going and was lucky enough to have a day off there during my European tour. The factory was closed (labor dispute), so no activity, but we were able to walk through anyway. Every Ducati ever made was built here. Pretty impressive. And how many of you know that Ducati started out as an electronics company? I didn't.

Anyway, here's a photo of me on Caporossi's MotoGP bike.
(Note the sign behind me).

My thanks to Livio the curator of the Museo Ducati, for giving me (and the guys on the crew) the experience of a lifetime. Everyone should go, given the chance. Admission is free to all.

Greg

'02 750 Sport

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ducati Factory Tour and Museo Ducati (guitartech)

guitartech said:
Was able to visit the home of Ducati on Friday in Bologna. Always dreamed of going and was lucky enough to have a day off there during my European tour. The factory was closed (labor dispute), so no activity, but we were able to walk through anyway. Every Ducati ever made was built here. Pretty impressive. And how many of you know that Ducati started out as an electronics company? I didn't.

! I've been dreaming of going over there for the last year or so...trying to talk the wife into it next year! Cool!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ducati Factory Tour and Museo Ducati (viper1)

That rocks!

I'm planning a visit over there sometime, just to see my "mecca".

Great pic

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by guitartech »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
(Note the sign behind me).</TD></TR></TABLE>

You win! That would be better than grabbing a hand full of Angelia Jolie boobs.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Ducati Factory Tour and Museo Ducati (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You win! That would be better than grabbing a hand full of Angelia Jolie boobs.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Dr, just a handful?, you must have large hands!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Ducati Factory Tour and Museo Ducati (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You win! That would be better than grabbing a hand full of Angelia Jolie boobs.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

GuitarTech - That is a great pic! What did the riding position/ergonomics feel like?

Doc - I completely disagree, I'll take the boobs any day!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Is that the bike he won on, or are there multiple GP bikes? POST MORE PICS!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Ducati Factory Tour and Museo Ducati (f4mille)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f4mille »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that the bike he won on, or are there multiple GP bikes? POST MORE PICS!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry, I was on a 21 hour bus ride from Austria to London yesterday.

Heres a photo link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

For some words, my blog is here: http://guitaretch.blogspot.com/

Greg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Ducati Factory Tour and Museo Ducati (DC Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> What did the riding position/ergonomics feel like? </TD></TR></TABLE>

As I'm 5'7" and Cappy is even shorter, it was a little tight. And I don't think they were thinking of ergos in the design.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts