Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience communicating with Ducati CS. Over the last 6 mts I have come to realize that Ducati CS is probably the worst I have ever found with any automobile manufacturer. People keep telling me that it is like a Ferrari, which I doubt, from the dealership to company, I have not had a good impression. Am I wrong or just dealing with a bad dealer. The bike itself is not very reliable as well. I am seriousy considering buying the Yamaha R1. I know this one is very nice and reliable.

Any advise

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ducati Customer Service (tellravi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tellravi »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone have experience communicating with Ducati CS. Over the last 6 mts I have come to realize that Ducati CS is probably the worst I have ever found with any automobile manufacturer. People keep telling me that it is like a Ferrari, which I doubt, from the dealership to company, I have not had a good impression. Am I wrong or just dealing with a bad dealer. The bike itself is not very reliable as well. I am seriousy considering buying the Yamaha R1. I know this one is very nice and reliable.

Any advise

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

What seems to be the problem? We can help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ducati Customer Service (section8superbike)

I had a battery issues with the bike which is a 4 mts old and I had to pay for it and then submit the request to Ducati. I never get a return call or e-mail from customer service. The dealer is always busy and my bike sits there for altleast a week for the smallest problem. The parts take 3-6 mts to get. Its just a bad situation and believe me this is not a Ferrari. Seems to me that you are paying big bucks for a bike that is not very reliable. Yamaha dealership is good, very friendly and in fact they offered to fix my Ducati.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your dealer is the problem. I had battery issues and it was replaced no problem.btw the battery is made in japan.All parts i have ordered have been 7 days or less and i'm in canada.And even parts from italy will be less than 3 months.Post up for a dealer close to you reccomended by board users,and then start a better relationship with your bike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe customer service in general,no matter if its cable,cell phone,banks,or ducati,has gotten worse in the past years.
it seems that customer service, means ignoring
the customer problems,and I also think its your dealer that has less than desirable customer service and if your PA address is the same dealer, I have come to hate!I can understand your side of the problem!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (cmcduc)

As far as Customer Service goes from DMH or DNA you may as well go and
, this will give you better satisfaction.

They will feed you with "Passion" and "feeling" and make you feel real nice about your bike being off the road, it would be easier if they just said fnck off!

Change your dealer and make bigger noises thru someone who is listening and wants to help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Your dealer sucks. I have ordered a lot of parts from Ducati in the last six months and parts I never dreamed could be in the states were. If you want to see customer service at its all time worst, try and deal with Dell. These dumb asses cancelled half my order and then couldn't get their story straight on who did or why it was cancelled. I also couldn't hardly understand any of their attempts at the English language. One of my favorites was "charge ed" said like it was two words
I wouldn't go to Japan and expect them to speak English, but I do expect it here. Dell
won't be buying my next computer from them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha...ha...ah.

Sorry.

Seeing the words "Ducati" and "Customer Service" in the same sentence always causes me to break into fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Hey, speaking of not-funny-jokes, does anyone remember Bob Nevola?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ducati dealerships are, imho, terrible at servicing motorcycles. My experiences with several dealerships include over tightening belts; ordering the wrong parts; and improperly wiring the bike. Ultimately, however, the blame rests with Ducati because the dealerships are their agents.

Modified by socal at 2:04 PM 5/15/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Ducati Customer Service (socal)

Section 8 really can and will help. What part of PA are you in.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Ducati Customer Service (Vandal996)

I got lucky , I had a great experience with DNA customer service on a MAJOR issue.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Ducati Customer Service (999Duc)

Best of luck to you as that is part of it. Even with a quality dealer, parts can sometimes take awhile. The troubles I had with my '00 996 is a very long story. DNA and my dealers really did try to do all they could but if it had been my only bike I don't know if I'd still be Ducatisti. A total of 12mo downtime in 4yrs! I still managed to put over 18,000mi on it tho. They gave me parts, mods, and kept extending my warranty. My 4th yr of warranty just expired so wish me luck too! I've often said that I sure wish I liked Jap bikes more. I'd be thousands of dollars wealthier and probably been thru a lot less downtime. But I still love my Ducs. Goofy huh? I hope you don't have any/many more problems. All that said, I'm now the owner of a very fancy high performance 996! Good luck, MH

Modified by akduc at 1:43 AM 5/16/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Ducati Customer Service (infoage1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infoage1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, speaking of not-funny-jokes, does anyone remember Bob Nevola?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear that Bob's now doing Customer Disservice at BMW NA (Motorcycles). In his defense, I think he was just a front-man for sucky corporate decisions and took all the fallout.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Use a different dealer. There are several in our area (eastern PA). I've used Ferracci for the longest time (since '95). I know some folks have issues with them but I have had nothing but a great experience and relationship with them. Mikmar is also really good. Really know his stuff. He also knows the older stuff well. I am a firm believer that the dealer should be the ones dealing with DNA custore service on behalf of the customer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Ducati Customer Service (Buckelew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buckelew »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hear that Bob's now doing Customer Disservice at BMW NA (Motorcycles). In his defense, I think he was just a front-man for sucky corporate decisions and took all the fallout. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup. Zina talked with him a goodly bit back in like 2002 or so. She said his hands were tied ... he was simply a mouthpiece for corporate and did the best he could.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (desmospeed)

I remember those days. I had the same problems as you. I had a electrical problem after 4 hours of ownership. After that I had other major issues, but the problem wasn't Ducati CS, it was my dealer. I had to go and make some phone calls, and Ducati Seattle helped me out a lot.

Section 8 Superbikes is great too. I've bought stuff from them instead of waiting for my dealer.

After the little bugs were fixed, I've never had other problems.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Ducati Customer Service (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I also couldn't hardly understand any of their attempts at the English language. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> One of my favorites was "charge ed" said like it was two words
</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Charge Ed", is that anything like "Couldn't hardly"?????
winner

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All. Thanks for all your spirited replies. I have only one conclusion, Ducati CS and the Dealer that I am dealing with are both bad. I can;t believe it. Can we as a group take this to someone in Ducati, there is got to be a way to fix this. So many unhappy owners, I have not seen one posting where someone was happy.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: (tellravi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tellravi »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Can we as a group take this to someone in Ducati, there is got to be a way to fix this.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha...ha...ah.

I know, I really didn't need to do that again.

Sorry

Probably have a better chance effecting change by complaining to someone who cares...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/51/51545.html

...as neither Ducati nor DNA seem to give a shit about the end user

1 - 20 of 25 Posts