Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered a pretty good deal on a 2004 Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit. I may have the name of the suit wrong but it's the top race suit in Ducati's line. Does anyone have this suit. Is it worth the money?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit (arty)

I guess that depends on how much money

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit (section8superbike)

Response A: Heck yeah, that's a great deal! Grab it!!

Response B: Heck no, that's way too much...run away!

Pick one!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i scored one on sale when ducati reduced their price sometime last year. I think the list price is something around 1400, on sale for 900, a very good suit. Ducati calls it stucceto or something
like that, made by dianese. I ran a off the rack low end Vanson and it fit for crap, the ducati suit is night and day difference. My riding at the track actually got better with the new suit since it was easier to move around on the bike .I see them on Ebay sometimes as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I just bought a Dainese Ducati "Scudetto" suit which is a bit different from the one you are thinking about, but very nice and very well made. Great fit too.
Joe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Pictures and size?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arty »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been offered a pretty good deal on a 2004 Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit. I may have the name of the suit wrong but it's the top race suit in Ducati's line. Does anyone have this suit. Is it worth the money?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That suit, for that kind of money? Are you kidding???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit (Chuckles)

Thanks Duc 748, that's the type of answer I was looking for
. For the rest of you wise guys (smart asses), yeah I guess I should have mentioned how much the suit would cost. So, here goes, the suit retails for 2500 (Canadian, about 2K American) and the price they are giving me is $1900 Canadian, so about 20% off. So there are actually two parts to the answer,
1. Is the suit worth buying at any price, and
2. Is the discount they are offering above average.

Thanks for any help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

if you don't mind, let me please answer your two questions

question one is no!

and

question two is no!

so to recap your answers to the two questions.

they are as follows.

question one is no!

and

question two is no!

please let me thank you for allowing me to assist you with this momentous problem you are having. good luck and good day.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit (oneducs)

So oneducs, care to elaborate on your voluminous answer of "no?" And yes, when I am dropping 2 grand I do consider it momentous.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arty »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So oneducs, care to elaborate on your voluminous answer of "no?" And yes, when I am dropping 2 grand I do consider it momentous.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's tooooooooooooooooo much for that suit or any suit. you can find if you look great suits form close outs to on sale suits and you would get a well made suit for a lot less. that is just me, i would rather get a great buy on a great suit than pay tooooooo much for a great suit. hows that?

ps: did you try a froogle search for a suit?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks oneducs. The reason I asked about the price is that is the best price I have ever come across for a new suit and like you I feel that it is still too much. Yet, a person needs good leathers. The moral is probably that a person needs to go to the web and forget about trying to find a bargain in a dealership. However, one big advantage of a dealership is being able to try on before buying.

By froogle search, do you mean google search?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

You go to google and then select froogle on the top menu bar. It is a free shopping service........finds the item selected on sites that have price attatched.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit (Phil 998)

arty let me say that the suit would be a great suit if you were to buy it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

2k is too much. what size are you? if you are in Canada why dont you just call some dealers here in US, 1400 could get a you a great suit, and that is not on sale! If its under a grand, then its a great price. If its over a grand then is not such a deal, and anywhere near 2k you should look elsewhere. If you can wear an off the rack you have a ton of options. and you can have $ left over for track dayz!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Ducati Corse/Dainese race suit (duc_748)

I am still not clear on what suit we are talking about here??? Can anyone help? I'm sure I can get Arty hooked up on the suit he is looking for, at a better price than he is getting, but I need to know what suit it is first.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Arty, that's WAY too much money-it's not on sale. Simple question=simple answer. Try Kushitani, or Vanson. Try e-bay as well IF you know your sizing. Good Luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Jason:

The suit is a Ducati Corse. It has a yellow chest and back with white arms and black lower legs with red and green stripes on the shoulders. It is a sharp suit. You can see the suit at http://www.kc-international.com/ducaticorse.html where they have the suit priced at $1699 American. As for my size, the suit I tried on was a size 56 Euro and it fit nicely.

I really like the suit and was wondering if anyone else knew what a good price for it would be. Also, I wanted to know if anyone has this suit and what they like and what they don't like so much about it.

Thanks everyone for your help,
Art

Modified by arty at 10:57 PM 5/14/2005

Modified by arty at 10:58 PM 5/14/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

arty as of friday the CD was worth .7903 to 1.00 USD. so your 1900 CD is about 1,501.63 USD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thats a great suit. It was actualy discontinued a few years ago though. Ducati cleared the wearhouse out last spring and we were selling the same suit for $950us.

I think the price they are charging is a little high.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts