Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you NY Ducs go for sales/service? i'll be in Mahopac and Hopewell Jct. next week and like to check out the local shops.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two good choices about 30 mins away owned and managed by enthusiasts ...

Head east from Hopewell Jct. (on I-84 or rte 6) to Cliff's BMW-Aprilia-Ducati, Danbury, CT. Cliff's just started carrying DUC's and is a new dealer with new snazzy showroom. http://www.danburybmw.com)

Head west (over the Newburgh Br. or Bear Mountain Br.) to Rockwell Cycles (DUC/TRI/MuZ/APR) ( http://www.rockwellcycles.com ) Rockwells is smaller and more 'mom and pop' intimate feel. Great folks. Ask for Aldrin in parts to show you bling. Owner Nick and son race in the LRRS series.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Duc Shop in Hudson Valley, NY? (mikeinwi.)

Rockwells all the way. Say hi to Aldrin for me. Remember to leave your wallet in the tank bag.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanks for the info guys. i'll check both out. i was going to bring the Hotrod M944 but with a wedding, baptism and b-day party to attend in various locations around the area time would not allow riding it much. the hassle of towing it all the way there only to ride it maybe once was not worth it. next summer i'm bringing it and will ride some of the excellent roads that i grew up riding on.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

What's the dates?? Hopewell Junction is in the center of Dutchess county where some superior roads can be found. I live in the next town over and many will attest to the quality. The local club has a monthly ride so maybe you could join up with that too. Tow the bike. Just having it with you will make you smile even if you don't get to ride much.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Duc Shop in Hudson Valley, NY? (jcs182)

having it with me and not riding it will make me
so it's staying. it will only slow the passage of the great Suburban across the eastern portion of the country. i am bringing my mtn and road bicycles and will be hooking up with some local to do that.
next year it's coming. i have to go to Marcus Dairy on a Sunday. i have not done that since the early 80's when i was a teen.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Rockwells! JP is a great tech

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

There are many miles of epic tarmac to be hammered.
If you get 1 day to goof it will be worth the tow.
Rockland cycles is the spot in our erea for Ducs.
I can be there in less than 1 hour.
Keep us posted if you change your mind.
Oh...........stay away from Marcus Dairy.
Thats all poser and bike thief shit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Duc Shop in Hudson Valley, NY? (Busamouse)

you guys are killing me. the Sub is packed. dog, bikes, kid, wife, weapon(s). we are there for 1 week. i can't squeeze it all in. if i bring the bike and dis the fam my mom, wife, sis (not all the same person) will be pissed and i won't get any lasagna, apple pie, Yankee tickets, laid. it's not happening. i know the roads are sweet. i grew up there. next summer will be better (i've probably said that before).
what is up with Marcus? when i was a kid i lived for those Sunday morning rides up there on the back of dad's KZ1000.
i am going to visit the Duc shops with my brothers so i'll keep you guys posted and maybe we can meet.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikeinwi. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will be pissed and i won't get any lasagna, apple pie, Yankee tickets, laid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The order of priorities seems out of whack to me...Where's your commitment?

;-)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Duc Shop in Hudson Valley, NY? (jcs182)

well. i am going to be on vaca. mama's lasagna is pretty damn good so it stays where it is at #1. the other 3 are a toss up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

visited both Rockwell's and Cliff's. both are cool places. Rockwell's has a cool location and nice showroom. drove my brothers 350Z there and got to rail the bear mtn. parkway and 301.
weather has been awesome so i'm missing the Hotrod M944 but time has been at a premium.
thanks for the info guys. i'll be back with the bike next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts