Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real world opionions? Anybody have one? I am thinking of buying one for commuting and playing in the twisties. I know they are underpowered and a little heavy but then again so am I! It has a CV Carb (Easily Modded or replaced) and needs a bump in compression. What do you guys think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: DRZ400 Supermotard (TBONE)

It has been getting good reviews, and there is a ton of aftermarket support.

I would think that if you don't plan on riding on the interstate all the time, the little 400 would do just fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DRZ400 Supermotard (Dave)

Agreed Dave. People always get caught up in specs, such as not enough power, too heavy, blah, blah, blah.

If the bike fits your budget and you can have fun, who cares. Go ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one! It will take me a couple of months but I will probably have one by the end of the year!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (TBONE)

Everyone that I have talked loves the bike. Some were apprehensive about the drz b/c of the power, but the ones that got it anyway forgot all about the 'lack of power' after the first minute of riding it. Not b/c its superfast, but b/c its a blast to ride. Your brain is using all of its processing power to keep the smile on your face let alone think about anything else. Plus there is so much aftermarket support for the drz. Definitely go over to thumpertalk.com and took a look at the suzuki/drz section. Learn about the 3x3 mod, yoshi full titan exhaust, and the FCR carb b/c like any other bike you will want to mod it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (jager)

Tbone your in az right? If so get a drz400k if you like kicking or a drz400e if you want electric start. All you have to do is go down to the dmv with the title(or a copy if you finance) and they will give you a plate. You don't even need to bring the bike down. My k is about 40 lbs lighter then the s, has higher compression, the keihn fcr 39 carb that everyone wants, and it only cost 40 bucks to register for the year, ins. is 20 bucks a month. I was able to talk the dealership into throwing in a set of excel 17" wheels and I have a 42 tooth sprocket mounted on the motard rear (stock is 47) and im waiting on my 320 mm rotor for the front. It takes 20min for me to swap over as it is and I still have to swap the front rotor. Should take 10-15 once I get the 320. The k or the e model (k with electric start) is the best bang for the buck. they are cheaper then the s or sm, make more power, are lighter and my bike is a street, track, dirt bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: DRZ400 Supermotard (TBONE)

I sold my 03RC51 and bought a DRZ400SM a couple of weeks ago. It is an absolute blast to ride. If you have access to some tight twisties I would highly recommend it. I use mine to commute 25 miles a day to and from work and regularly pull off the main road just to cut up on some secluded roads. I have yet to go "straight home" after work, it's too much fun to ride. My

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I rode Seldom's K Model that is converted and had a blast. Hopin my bank will approve the addition to a new loan.If So I will probably go get it this weekend

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heh. You pulled it in front of the Jumping Porsche Poster! The Mirror isnt very useable so I just looked over my shoulder. Champion will give me the deal I want and include the Pipe/jetkit for $6500 OTD. I am hoping for news today on the loan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (TBONE)

yeah that mirror sucks but it makes it legal, i always look over my shoulder anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got one in may, it's a blast. it's got the yosh trs ti system, and has been jetted at factory. they got 41hp on the ec dyno. next step will most likely be the fcr...soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts