Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you guys dont like the DRZ's but I just want a new toy. I want something to just fart around on while still riding my RC's 90% of the time. I cant find any second hand DRZ's in my area so I went to the steeler ship.... they have a 09 white DRZ400sm for 6599. Is it worth it. Or should I low ball them with an offer?

Just looking to see what I might be getting myself into.

Thanks,

·
Registered
129 Posts
The dealership in smithfield has a used 09 for $5000. A maryland dealer (on ebay) has an aprilia for $5200(sorry $5699) new. That would be worth the trip

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
I had one. They are fun bikes. Hit me up for mods if interested...

They are usually worth $4K used, maybe a little less. Great little beaters though.

If I had to do it all over for another supermoto, I'd just build one from a CRF or something. Just my :twocents

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but can i make a crf street legal? I was looking into that... a crf or rmz... but i would need to be able to take it on the streets from time to time...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet thanks! Ill let you know how she runs :p

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW....WTF! that guys with that post is so full of shit! The bike in the picture IS NOT the bike that he has. Plus he says it has never been down! HAHA! left peg smashed in, left bar bent, clutch lever broke off, bar end missing, left mirror rashed. The bike "Was" yellow but when i saw it today it was spray painted this dark gray.

I dont know if all DRZ's are like this but that thing had about as much power as my bicycle. FOR THE LIFE OF ME i couldnt get the front tire off the ground.

What a waist! hahaha. well anyways.... still would love a Supermoto but I doubt it will be a DRZ. Thinking of a crf or rmz but i dunno if it would work with what I want.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry dude try the classifieds at supermotojunkie

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
The DRZs are out there and for SMs... really think they are great value out of the box... just find the right used one!

The CRFs that have been moto'd can be a little tough, as you mention re: title status.

Just keep searching... won't find one in a week, LOL :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts