Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question. has anyone managed to drown out an rc during a rainstorm? i was caught in a downpour this morning and had to ride home (about a 15 minute ride) in it. it wasnt a little sprinkle either, shitload of rain. this never bothered me with my yammies, as those two didnt have ramair. well, with the air inlet in front should i worry about the rain entering or the spray from when i was getting passed? the really fine mist from a passing car worried me the most. i got home ok, but just wondering if i should wait next time for the rain to subside alittle. thanks for any replies. clary

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
air intake/airbox will hold some water, but has drains to rid it as well. no actual water will enter the engine like you imagine, since the filters will not allow it.

yeah, some moisture will get in the engine, via filters becoming saturated after a long enough ride in the rain, but that's actually not bad for the engine as one might think. of course, that's within reason....kind of a poor man's water-injection.:woot:

eventually, constant dry intake air will dry the filters, or they'll dry on their own after parking it in your garage.

ride the bike with a gardenhose stuck in the front intake and you'll have problems.

i just did a track day in the pouring rain and had no problems what so ever. and by "pouring", i mean soaked leathers bad enough to bleed into my t-shirt and soak my underwear. now "mental image" that and get back to me....:woot: :woot: :woot:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Rigor...

are you ready for POCONO again???? are you keeping the rains on the bike.?

my bike is up at my work right now.... i need to dismantle and clean the shyt out of it.
8th and 9th at (from what everyone says...but its too close to home to pass up) the worst track to ride on in the east- POCONO....

i wonder who will make it to the RED group first...

sorry about the thread jack.

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
TUTZO51 said:
are you ready for POCONO again???? are you keeping the rains on the bike.?

my bike is up at my work right now.... i need to dismantle and clean the shyt out of it.
8th and 9th at (from what everyone says...but its too close to home to pass up) the worst track to ride on in the east- POCONO....

i wonder who will make it to the RED group first...

sorry about the thread jack.
rains are on until the night before heading up.....not doing that tire-swap thing again.....:D

i'm scheduled for the 7th and the 8th. the 9th will be a day of rest. (and the last of my vacation)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.