Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drilled two 1 1/4" holes into the stock exhaust of my 1000RR, and it sounds much better. Someone on 1000rr.net had done the same and picked up a couple horses, but I obviously can't tell the difference. Posted some video's of before and after exhaust notes on my site.

Pretty cheap way of making the bike sound better, plus I have yet to find an aftermarket exhaust for the bike that LOOKS better. most of them leave lot of empty space around the fairing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (phil77)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phil77 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm sorry man, but why would you do this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

because....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ICEMAN »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pretty cheap way of making the bike sound better, plus I have yet to find an aftermarket exhaust for the bike that LOOKS better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Rigor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rigor »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

because....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

gotcha!
as good a reason as any for ruining a perfectly good exhaust

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Giannis)

naaah not so good, kinda a bad attempt at making it look like the MotoGP bikes....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: (Giannis)

Trimmed the pipes too. I can bet that helps increase HP, becuase the front end feels a lot lighter, and picks up quite easily. I am really happy with the sound of the "stock" exhaust and was happy with the look anyway. No aftermarket exhaust for me.

Details on my site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts