Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Incredible! I've been wanting one of these for YEARS!:cool: I've finally got one!!:rockon
She's been installed now for approx. 2 wks., I've got to say, I Love the Super Clean look!
What am I talking about?;)

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
the little thortsen hidden rear brake? i had one for a while but sold it as it was beyond useless... looked neat though.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
it offers no braking force whatsoever... when i had mine it had trouble holding me from rolling back on a decent hill. looks great, but if you use your rear brake whatsoever don't even consider it.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
it offers no braking force whatsoever... when i had mine it had trouble holding me from rolling back on a decent hill. looks great, but if you use your rear brake whatsoever don't even consider it.
I would have to call BS on that man. Did you blead both sides of the caliper in the set up? My unit was offering next to nothing as far as stopping power in concerned until I saw the other speed bleeder on the inside of the rear caliper. Now the bike stops on a dime with just the rear (if needed of course!).

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I would have to call BS on that man. Did you blead both sides of the caliper in the set up? My unit was offering next to nothing as far as stopping power in concerned until I saw the other speed bleeder on the inside of the rear caliper. Now the bike stops on a dime with just the rear (if needed of course!).

bingo:clapper

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
Just a question about your wheels (bst)

How long have you had them?
How many miles on them?
Street or track?

How are they holding up? Would you invest in them again?

Thx
Dude, I don't wanna thread jack, but how's your Hawk GT coming along? I always look for updates!!!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts

hahahaha i'm not an idiot, it was well bled and lever feel was excellent, pads were new, rotor was fine... it's NOT powerful. i prefer the brembo setup 100x.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

After reading some of the replies: (Both here and other places here on SpeedZilla, where Thorsten's Hide Away braking set-up has been discussed) To be honest, Upon the First TEST ride after the install, I was Very concerned, wondering myself IF I made a misstake buying this...?! BUT: When I bought this>>>------> "Thorsten Hide Away Brake".. I asked for and He gave Me:> I had the option from the seller, I could return it\He'd buy it back IF I didn't like it... Awesome man to deal with, Never have I had a bad experience in any of my dealings with him! :clapper

So, Once I had alittle extra "Time" to put into this:> I got into bleeding the little ISR caliper (Both sides) REAL Good, I've got a "bleed gun" = does a Sweet job,
givin' alittle time to do the job right.;)

So, between bleeding this Really COOL ISR Caliper, real good and making adjustments to said: Brake pedal... I would guessamate, with this set-up, as she sits right now, I have every bit of 85% of OEM caliper power,.. Easily 65% anyhow! :clapper
Which also means, easy enough power, to lock up the rear wheel under heavy braking.

So, giving "MY" findings ie experience with this... I was definitely wondering about the Bleeding capabilities of some here too, well that,.. and wondering IF they knew, One can Also adjust the Brake pedal?...:p

Also, I'm sure I could get alittle more braking power IF I felt I wanted... I could increase this by swapping out my old Mod'd. OEM disc too, eh. ;)

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Mav.

PS. Joking aside: What I really wonder is, IF Maybe these could have been sold with different compounds at different times to different people....?

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
hahahaha i'm not an idiot, it was well bled and lever feel was excellent, pads were new, rotor was fine... it's NOT powerful. i prefer the brembo setup 100x.
+1 ISR makes junk and that setup is useless except for the fact that it's light and hidden. I don't think I'd change mine out as I don't use my rear brake much.

And get rid of that damn stock caliper!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice finds and famous last words "one of my last parts...?" LOL :)

HAhahahaaa.. You caught that eh... Remember though... I do have a "?" in there.;)

Joking aside,.... The list of aftermarket\"Thorsten" parts I have in this Awesome machine IS Long and when I think about the $$$s.... I have in her! It is :wacky <Crazy mang. but at the same time, she >:rockon <She rocks.
So Yeah,... The LAST DREAM Part I would buy, would be "Thorsten's Race Alt." Then I'll be Done!

Jami,.. I don't know what your experence is with ISR calipers BUT IF You are basing your whole thinking on these little hide away caliper(s) alone...? Then YOU, you really Don't have a Clue then because ISR makes some Great braking Calipers!

Does anyone know IF there is different Compounds pads for these little calipers?

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
First off MAV you really think you can stop buying gifts for your fat slutty bike... just looking at the tyga c/f tail for example oh you want it baaad:woot:

Second the hidden rear is beyond cool if it passes tech. that's all the rear is for in my opinion:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Just a question about your wheels (bst)

How long have you had them?
How many miles on them?
Street or track?

How are they holding up? Would you invest in them again?

Thx
Nohl, how the fukk are you man!!!

·
Mr E
108 Posts
Your axle is in backwards?

You could replace the bst sticker, that one looks a little worn out. I knew bst's were crap!

Oh, and you could get magnesium hubs for the bst's if you don't already.

well spotted it is in backwards ! lovely wheels though

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey b.miller

Your Statement\question> "Axle in backwards"
1st) Well, I guess you can say that...... Backwards from Honda, that is,... but, Correct (Trick\Tip) for making "My" Job> awhole lot easier~! :D

2nd) Good eye :clapper

3rd) Since You spotted this:My Tip to you,;) >>>>-----> This is an Old "Road Racing Trick"= IF You do Your OWN work? If not, go away... Hahhaa
I have My Axle installed like this: Because it really makes the rear wheel assembly, a snap!
If You have ever Taken the rear wheel off and put it back on... Then You know what a huge PIA.... reassembling the rear IS with the RC51, trying to get the spacers in place, along with the brake assembly, linning up the hole and getting it up into the swing-arm and in place....?

For "Me" and Others, Installing the rear wheel like this, it really makes the rear wheel assembly, a snap! :rockon Next time you have your Rear wheel off... Try it, You'll Like it!;)

I hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

PS. Thanks for the compliments to guys.;)

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
HAhahahaaa.. You caught that eh... Remember though... I do have a "?" in there.;)

Joking aside,.... The list of aftermarket\"Thorsten" parts I have in this Awesome machine IS Long and when I think about the $$$s.... I have in her! It is :wacky <Crazy mang. but at the same time, she >:rockon <She rocks.
So Yeah,... The LAST DREAM Part I would buy, would be "Thorsten's Race Alt." Then I'll be Done!

Jami,.. I don't know what your experence is with ISR calipers BUT IF You are basing your whole thinking on these little hide away caliper(s) alone...? Then YOU, you really Don't have a Clue then because ISR makes some Great braking Calipers!

Does anyone know IF there is different Compounds pads for these little calipers?
having owned/own several of these mini calipers and i currently still have two bikes with them i have found them perfect. I do NOT like brakes to lock up with little or no feel and this caliper does that function perfectly. more then 80% of your braking power comes from the front spending time to lock uop the rear makes little or no sense IMO.

with that said i will have my own version of a 2 pot 84mm billet caliper done within a month that will offer a little more power then the mini ISR and price will be less then it too:D shameless plug

Try dennis kirk for brake pads there are several brake pad makers who's pads will fit right in the caliper you bought Mav:rockon

1 - 20 of 39 Posts