Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is why I get scared about getting hurt. One dumbass and you are limping the rest of your life, if you are lucky.

Sorry if repost.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Terrible and can relate to this 100% except I only broke my foot in my accident. I lifted my leg before being ejected from the impact. He is lucky most accidents like this result in the loss of the leg. I had a friend that this happened too many years ago. His leg was mangled, many surgeries later they finally had to amputate his leg. It's easy to make comments on this but trust me this to the worst kind of vehicle/motorcycle collision. It totally changed me and I was extremely lucky to have only left with a broken foot. It was simply a reflexive reaction that I don't even remember doing.

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
That part of STL is SUPER dangerous riding/driving territory. The confluence of three Interstate highways is a block from where that dude got hit, and many of the streets are one way, so you get out-of-towners (everybody, because next to no one lives in downtown STL) swirling around looking every which way for a sign telling them how to get to I-55, I-70, I-64 going North, East, South, or West. Miss your sign, and you're driving another 20 minutes in downtown STL trying to get back to where you were.

Anyone riding down Broadway on a motorcycle and not paying attention to cross traffic is begging to get creamed.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only ridden down in that area a couple of times but remember it was a bit hairy. The streetlights are not overhead, but in places to the side at the intersection. Easy for someone to miss and run the light.

Riding in any city stinks anyway.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Man I've had two accidents like that, neither my fault but I'm out two bikes walked away from road riding because of them. Even enduro riding I take a long convoluted dirt road path to the trails. Otherwise, trackdays for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.