Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered two scales last week so we could accurately weigh bikes here in the shop. I recieved the scales as prommised, but one does not even turn on. I emailed the company and asked them to drop another one UPS, right away and include a call tag for the return of the defective one. This is the reply I got. And to answer his qestion YES, I have picked up bikes all over the place when they have had a problem and they shouldn't, I consider it the cost of doing business.

Jason,

Please go to our customer service page for details on returning the scale. Jason, our scales are backed up by the manufacturer in so far as warranty issues are concerned. We offer to replace the scale if it arrives defective, that is all we can do and that in itself is a step further than we are required to do.

If you sell a bike and it has a problem, do you send staff over to fix it? Would you not ask the customer to return the bike for service? There are limits to what your company can do to rectify any situation. We try to keep a good attitude and we do bend but as I said yesterday, we can't pick up shipping costs on sending and picking up scales.

Glenn George
Top Notch Scales
http://www.topnotchscales.com

What ever happened to customer service?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (section8superbike)

In Jason's defense, I had my biked shipped to Section 8 Superbiks for a 12 K mile service and a few other goodies (makes sure wife is looking) and i Used forward air to ship the bike to Jason and he covered the shipping back to me.
I am in Las Vegas.
BTW Jason, the bike is running GREAT...
Have yet to get it back for a dyno run.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Wow, talk about poor customer service, to include help, and what crakes me up is that they think this is good for business (saving money, this one time!). They think that a shipping company is the one to blame for monetary compensation and they can rely on them for defective items. lol Clearly for obvious reasons this is not a way to run a successful company!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (BlackHawk)

That's terrible customer service. There is NO reason to do business with them if that's the best they can do. It's probably a one-man operation with no inventory, no store, no employees... just an ordertaker. The scales are probably drop-shipped from the manufacturer. It looks like their angle is "low price". I noticed there's no phone number on the website. And their website has a customer service link and this entry in that section is the tipoff:

Returns and Damaged Merchandise:

If you receive a scale that is either damaged in transit or defective, you must notify TNS immediately. Send the scale back to TNS and we will send you another scale. We must receive notice of damaged or defective scale within 48 hours of you receiving the scale.

If you are returning a scale for refund there will be a 15% restocking fee. Scale being returned must be in perfect, resalable condition with the original packaging in new condition as well along with all scale paperwork. No refunds on any scale after 7 days of your having received the scale.

If the scale being returned is not in new condition as described above it will be sent back to the sender at their expense.

TNS can not be responsible for shipping charges to return a scale back to us. After 48 hours all returns for defective scales must be handled by the scale manufacturer.

I especially like the part about 48 hours... they're pushing junk. You had better get a great price because if the scale doesn't work the shipping and hassles will eat up any savings.

The Bitter Taste of Poor Quality and Service Remains Long After the Sweet Taste of Low Price Has Been Forgotten.

Modified by DanST4 at 4:52 PM 5/14/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

<U>moto wheels, melilli moto, kyle racing </U> are the same way. they make you pickup the tab when you return a wrong or broken item. their watching penny's and nickles while loosing dollars from future sales.

pay the shipping and send it all back!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (oneducs)

i agree with (oneducs) pay the shipping and send it all back and take the hit on the restocking fee and tell them you will never buy or send any bizz to them that is just poor customer service!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (rainman916)

I have to disagree with one ducs on melilli moto I've never had a bad deal with them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (mortoduc)

ONEDUCS, pleae tell me whats up with Moto Wheels, I just did a big order with them ($3300 +).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yer,,,mongrels,,,but its in the fine print j

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't send anything back. Call your c.c. company and file a claim as the product is defective. See what hoops he jumps through when ALL the money is pulled from his account.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (mortoduc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortoduc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have to disagree with one ducs on melilli moto I've never had a bad deal with them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

for all who may have a favorite shop on my small list of shops that charge you at the very least shipping to return a part for any reason your fault or theirs, wrong part or what not. this is how my experience has been with them. so if these shops have not charged you shipping to return a part please let me know so i can stop doing business with them, otherwise what is the disagreement with the names on my small list?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (hbliam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hbliam »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't send anything back. Call your c.c. company and file a claim as the product is defective. See what hoops he jumps through when ALL the money is pulled from his account. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah it's amazing how much force you can apply through the credit card companies.

I worked as an F and I guy at a very large Honda dealer a few years ago and we got back charged for a TRX350 four wheeler. When I contacted the credit card company to figure out what was going on I was told that the quad didn't run so therefore we were being back charged. I then told the credit card person that they never returned the quad, tried to get it repaired, etc. I was told that they would contact the customer and get it figured out. Well two weeks later the credit card company charged us back and we still had not seen the quad. They said the customer dropped it off, I said they didn't, they said they did and on and on and on........Eventualy we send a driver to go to their house (6 hours away) to pick the quad up, and the called the cops on him! Long story short we ended up getting the quad back, beat to death and the chargeback held up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (section8superbike)

You're a nice guy Jason. I would have hired some some help and he would have been dealt with.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HA!

I just ordered six of their top notch analytical scales using my ex-wifes address and credit card number...

And four baby scales (they appeared to be the heaviest to ship) to some unknown address in Maine (as far from Texas where they are located). The shipment will get refused and they will be stuck with the freight bill at least.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I am not sure what happened with Oneducs, but anything I have received incorrectly from MotoWheels was returned with them taking care of the shipping costs. For example, I got a carbon Termi half system from them when I ordered a Ti system. MotoWheels covered shipping back to them and overnighted the right ti system free of charge. Section 8 has also been great for any shipping problems.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (SABOT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SABOT »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not sure what happened with Oneducs, but anything I have received incorrectly from MotoWheels was returned with them taking care of the shipping costs. For example, I got a carbon Termi half system from them when I ordered a Ti system. MotoWheels covered shipping back to them and overnighted the right ti system free of charge. Section 8 has also been great for any shipping problems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well martin over at moto wheels didn't pickup shipping on an item that they ship and was the wrong part(their fault) and they still stuck me with shipping.

hey Phreakshow your a funny guy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Well, I just need to say that Section8 hast it going for customer support. I ordered some break lines from Jason, to make a long story shot. There was some sort of a mix-up with the shipping carrier and the item went back to Section8 for some unknown reason (supposedly I refused the package…what ever). I notified Jason at Section8 and in a matter of minutes he sent me a reply message that he will take care off it and next day it to me, at no additional cost. Now that is customer service, and I will always do business with him!

Speaking of business; Hey Jason, I need a new Power Commander for my 998, got one for me?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackHawk »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Speaking of business; Hey Jason, I need a new Power Commander for my 998, got one for me?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure, can you email this to me so I can check on it Monday when I get back to the store?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Oneducs, Motowheels payed return shipping to me when they sent me the wrong part (their mistake). I wouldn't deal with a company that wouldn't do that!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Don't Buy Naything From Topnotchscales.com (Joe B)

Motowheels did'nt pay my return shipping.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts