Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my bike up for sale in the classifieds and this is one of the responses I received. Just sounds a little strange to me. They also gave me an address that does not come up in Mapquest.

Am really serious in purchase the goods , i will like to know if you can able to handle the shipment by yourself or i setup am shipping company to come an pickup the goods after the payment clear from your bank . I really need this good urgent and i will not want any delay on this transaction . In your response mail i will like you to provide me your Full name and your contact address include your phone number # to perpared the cheque for the exeter amount for the goods.......

Any thoughts?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: does this sound real? (duckboy)

Who cares, as long as the check clears before sending anything. Better yet, money order.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You only have to read through his 5th word to know it's a scam
Trust me. Ignore him or have some fun with him, string him along.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: does this sound real? (doocatiboy)

this was not too suprising to find out

****** Message from InterScan Messaging Security Suite ******

Sent <<< .
Received >>> 554 delivery error: dd this user doesn't have a yahoo.com account ([email protected]) [-5] - mta301.mail.scd.yahoo.com

Unable to deliver message to <[email protected]>.

************************ End of message **********************

----- Message from [email protected] on Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:00:05 -0400 -----
To: [email protected]
Subject: 1994 888
Bill you would need to arrange shipping on your own. It would be picked up
in the 48326 zip code, and will not be able to be loaded off a truck dock.

195 N. Razor Clam Drive S.W.,
Dover , DE , 19901 USA

Where is this address? I can not find it?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: does this sound real? (doocatiboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doocatiboy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You only have to read through his 5th word to know it's a scam
Trust me. Ignore him or have some fun with him, string him along. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, I've had a bike in the classifieds for a couple weeks, so far one or two 'offers' a week from somewhere over the rainbow. Spelling/grammar is a joke and so is the offer

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: does this sound real? (duc97sp1)

I'd still like to hear the a response to a reply that requests a check or money order (on a Major US bank mind you) to clear first. Whatever you do, don't give up any bank account info to wire funds to. You may find that the funds are wired from instead.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I smell a SCAM! If you have bike in classifieds I would make it a cash only sale!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: does this sound real? (bruntr)

My address doesn't show up on Mapquest. And this house/address has been here for 15 years.

Just because the spelling and grammar is bad also doesn't mean it is a scam. My family is from Italy and most of them have a horrible time with english.

With that in mind...yea it is probably a scam.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

send them the address and local # for your police station

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: does this sound real? (rotty900ss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rotty900ss »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Better yet, money order.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, not better. Nobody will cash them but your bank (who will leave you on the hook), and having worked financial crimes I can say we saw hundreds of fake money orders. Cash is the only sure bet. Wait, I take that back......

I'd avoid this guy unless you dealt in person

1 - 10 of 10 Posts