Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
'51 Freak
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not usually the hater type but DAMN, this guys blows! Does he not watch WSBK and know how to pronounce anyone's name? He is like a a wart on the face of America! every international race motogp, WSBK AMA... he manages to bring mediocrity with all of his announcing!! Rant over!:twocents

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Ditto!!

why didn't we get Jonathon and Steve Martin????

·
Registered
309 Posts
Who the hell knows... only Speed can take a great series like WSB and truly F#*! it up with the most mediocre commentating in the world. I watched about 3/4 of a lap and then turned the TV off and went to go work on the bike.

It's embarrassing really. I mean, honestly, the local commentating in South Africa is far better than the rubbish that gets produced over here. The only thing that I think could be worse would be MLS commentators trying to talk their way through an English Premiership game...

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Whitham and Burnicle are the best! Can't understand a word but u know it was funny so you laugh anyway. Ralph is a decent guy in person but an instant buffoon when u put a mic in his hands.:banghead

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Speed's coverage blows. Jonathan Green or the two guys from British Europsport are a lot better. They are always making some comment about someones wife/girlfriend and her breasts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ralphie

This buffoon is Larry Meyer reincarnated.

Ru$$ell and She-hen are hopeless. Just give us the regular brit crew.

The best American was Despain. Sadowski and Drebber were a good team but the best ever were the two limeys cheering for Foggy - can't recall their names.

·
12,576 Posts
Speed's coverage blows. Jonathan Green or the two guys from British Europsport are a lot better. They are always making some comment about someones wife/girlfriend and her breasts.
That's Whitham and Burnicle! They are openly in love with Pippa, Haslam's girl.:woot:

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Whitham and Burnicle are the best! Can't understand a word but u know it was funny so you laugh anyway. Ralph is a decent guy in person but an instant buffoon when u put a mic in his hands.:banghead
+1 I love Whitham, that guy is just as natural and funny as can be. and when he speaks about riding you know it's actually worth something. not just some fat ass spouting off shit he heard Greg White say once in the back of a womens bathroom.

·
12,576 Posts
+1 I love Whitham, that guy is just as natural and funny as can be. and when he speaks about riding you know it's actually worth something. not just some fat ass spouting off shit he heard Greg White say once in the back of a womens bathroom.
Greg White: "Pin it to win it":rolleyes:

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Ralph Sheheen can only make love on his back... he can only fook up...

I like Steve Martin the best...

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
That's Whitham and Burnicle! They are openly in love with Pippa, Haslam's girl.:woot:
I thought her name was Ollie.

BBC and Eurosport coverage is amazing. They get into technical on the bikes, tires, etc. They even have the perelli guys in the both and funny interviews with current and past riders. What do we get? Damn NASCAR creeps.

·
12,576 Posts
I thought her name was Ollie.

BBC and Eurosport coverage is amazing. They get into technical on the bikes, tires, etc. They even have the perelli guys in the both and funny interviews with current and past riders. What do we get? Damn NASCAR creeps.
Yeah, that's the bird, Oli. But Pippa is getting slammed by someone in that paddock. Just can't remember who.:eek:

Edit: Found it! Pippa is Laverty's girlfriend.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Eurosport's OK and I dig Whitham's insight too but their bias towards their own countrymen get's really tedious. No disrespect to any of the riders, to get on that grid you gotta be good, but gimme a break - I mean trying to appropriate Corser as in "4 English and 1 English-speaking rider in the top 5" or whatever ... P L E A S E. That shit's just pathetic.

Why can't they just make it about the racing and leave their irrelevant patriotism in the car park.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Who's the dork that Speed hired to call the start of the MotoGP races....he can't pronounce Lorenzo.....he says it as "Lorenthro" ! Drives me nuts!!!:wtf

·
Registered
78 Posts
Who's the dork that Speed hired to call the start of the MotoGP races....he can't pronounce Lorenzo.....he says it as "Lorenthro" ! Drives me nuts!!!:wtf
That is the correct pronunciation in Spanish dialect, the Z is a th. Our way would be to pronounce the Z, but it would be incorrect sounding to "Lorentho". Same with his first name, we would say George (Jorge), he says Whorehay.

To the original topic.....Yes, everyone hates Sheheen!

·
Big Member
169 Posts
I didnt know which was worse...the long, dead air silences periodically during the previous US WSBK races or those long, dead air silences filled with Sheheens drivel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts