Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others here, I am so excited about the upcoming MotoGP race to be held at Laguna Seca. Some racers take to the Laguna track like a duck to water while others can't stand it. At this point Its hard to imagine the supremely talented Rossi losing to anyone anywhere. Laguna also seems to suit the natrually talented and there is no one alive more so than Valentino.

That said, Edwards, Bayliss, Xaus, Hayden, Hopkins and KRJR have an advantage over everyone else not named Rossi in that they have already raced there.

Which rider do you think has the best (however small) chance to beat Rossi or at least land a spot on the podium?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That said, Edwards, Bayliss, Xaus, Hayden, Hopkins and KRJR have an advantage over everyone else not named Rossi in that they have already raced there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Barros has been there, too...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (AZ Scott)

I'm hoping that Hayden pulls it together and gets his first GP win.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Barros has been there, too...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy time warp, Batman! I totally forgot about the Old Boy from Brazil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm hoping that Hayden pulls it together and gets his first GP win.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd love to see it happen. I think Rossi and Edwards will be real hard to beat though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (bsess)

1. Edwards
2. Hayden
3. Rossi

Why the heck not!?

Anyway, I hope Edwards can get a tire/chassis set-up he likes. When he's happy, he gets on the podium. If he's miffed with anything, he seems to finish outside the Top 5 at best. If he can get that set-up down, it should be a GREAT showdown.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (Tripod-R)

Has Rossi ever riden Laguna? 250's? Just curious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (DocHolliday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DocHolliday »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has Rossi ever riden Laguna? 250's? Just curious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As he puts it, just on PlayStation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (Tripod-R)

Well if that's the case then some of these other guys may have a chance. Laguna is a very technical track so I don't know if Playstation is going to cut it. He is the best however so it wouldn't suprise me if he didn't win it. As long as get to see(and hear) the Ducatis, I'll be happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I see Hayden and Edwards scrapping for 1st.

Bayliss has run there many time before but this him and the RC211V just don't seem to get along - maybe he'll pull something together. If Bayliss could find some pace on the Honda, I'd put money on an ex WSBK freight train leading the pack at Laguna.

Not sure how much time Hopkins has at Laguna but he could be a wildcard.

Realistically, I see Hayden and Edward dueling for 1st, Rossi either snatching 2nd or passing for 1st 3 laps from the end, putting Edwards and Hayden back in some combination of 2nd & 3rd.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (hubert)

Biaggi too remeber he raced 250 back then... i think he won his first 250 race there.

other guys who raced 250s in Laguna

Capirossi
Checa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Biaggi too remeber he raced 250 back then... i think he won his first 250 race there.

other guys who raced 250s in Laguna

Capirossi
Checa
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Biaggi? Win?
If Biaggi's in MotoGP another season, it'll be a miracle.

Capirex and Checa may have raced there in the past, and they may be quick, but the Ducati, IMO, isn't there this year. So they're out, experience w/ the track or not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm hoping that Hayden pulls it together and gets his first GP win.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Love the humour....

Stellas all round

Move this to the humour section

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Cha ... (neddyseagoon748)

That was pretty funny...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Cha ... (999)

ha
i'll take two

but i thinks edwards and nicky have a great chance ,,, but you know ,, it's gonna be a great race rergaurdless !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (hubert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hubert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Biaggi? Win?

Capirex and Checa may have raced there in the past, and they may be quick, but the Ducati, IMO, isn't there this year. So they're out, experience w/ the track or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well Nicky doesnt have much more changes than Biaggi for sure!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hubert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Biaggi? Win?

Capirex and Checa may have raced there in the past, and they may be quick, but the Ducati, IMO, isn't there this year. So they're out, experience w/ the track or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh by the way i added which guys raced Laguna in the past didnt said they are going to win the race.... did i?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (Giannis)

Nicky's never done that well at Laguna. He never seemed very comfortable there. Edwards, on the other hand, loves it and his Yamaha will be perfectly suited to such a braking/handling-intensive track. Other than Rossi, my money is on Edwards and Melandri (he's got the natural talent) with an outside chance for an inspired Hayden. Dark horses include Barros and Capirossi. Miracle-man would be Bayliss. He also loves Laguna -- but he hates his bike (or it hates him -- something like that...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Does Anyone Other Than Rossi Even Have a Chance of Winning the Lag ... (Mashuri)

It's kind of funny... I've seen Edwards in interviews where someone might call Laguna his "home track"... but he states that he's been racing WSB/MotoGP for so long now he doesn't really feel it is. It's more of a mental thing... to take the victory on home soil... which makes sense.

It's shaping up to be a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
troy bayliss might sneek a top 5, and what about the other yamahas...Fortuna with ruben xaus...

nate

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.