Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have construction plans (blue prints) for a rear and front stand? I have been thinking about taking on this project.. I'm looking for Spool stands not the single swing arm ones..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Does anyone have construction plans (blue prints) for a r ... (Desmo-guy)

Stands are so inexpensive I can't see how it could possible be cost efective to make your own

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Does anyone have construction plans (section8superbike)

Me too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Does anyone have construction plans (Vandal996)

you're half right on the cost issue, but so many commercially available stands are weak, generic, ugly, heavy, flimsy, or whatever. It's the challenge of making your own- and with about $50 of tubing (probably $100 these days with steel prices, and assuming you have a bender) and $25 of hardware you're set.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Does anyone have construction plans (Monster Man)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Does anyone have construction plans (paulo57509)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paulo57509 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That reminds me of a crappy "Ballet Club" by Mid-Ohio that used PVC for the railing arround the stage. And to add insult to injury they painted it gold! I didn't realize what it was untill one of the weight challenged dancers leaned against it

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O man that is scary..

Jason, its not about the cost..
Its about the quality.
I personally don?t like the big heavy stand like Pit-bull makes.

I?m thinking about making some of really small diameter aluminum. Something stable, strong and light.

I seen a guy that had a set one day, I think they were Italian, I have not been able to find them at all..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (Desmo-guy)

Tell the truth, that started life as a bong didn't it.

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (Vandal996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vandal996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tell the truth, that started life as a bong didn't it.

Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thought the same thing!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Does anyone have construction plans (blue prints) for a r ... (Desmo-guy)

Canadian Tire in Canada is selling stands in sets. You get a front stand and a rear stand plus 6 different sets of swingarm spools to fit any bike, all for the low price of $99.00 can.
Nice looking stands.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (Desmo-guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Desmo-guy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm thinking about making some of really small diameter aluminum. Something stable, strong and light. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1) Really small diameter
2) Strong
3) Aluminum

Choose any two...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought the CT stand on sale @ 79.99 cdn. Looks nice with good construction. First try on the front stand pushed the pin (Allen bolt) down and into the tube of the stand, gone.
Also, how do you use the rear spools on a SS??
Should of saved my money for the PVC eh?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Humm for a 100buck a set one cant go wrong.
so do you guys have a link to this Canada tire place?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts