Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. I've always thought the stocker pegs were pretty slippery and now that I'm trying to improve my riding at the track they are completely useless when trying to keep your weight on the mid part of your foot. My boot is constantly slipping down to the heel.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Must have been sick that day in elementary school when they taught us how to spell 'heal' and 'heel'.

Modified by ten~39 at 10:41 PM 3/30/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Does anybody make a grippier footpeg to fit the stock rearsets? (ten~39)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ten~39 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wondering. I've always thought the stocker pegs were pretty slippery and now that I'm trying to improve my riding at the track they are completely useless when trying to keep your weight on the mid part of your foot. My boot is constantly slipping down to the heel.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Must have been sick that day in elementary school when they taught us how to spell 'heal' and 'heel'.

Modified by ten~39 at 10:41 PM 3/30/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have seen something that may help on a local 748R race bike where they kept the stock pegs and just drilled shallow holes in the ball-end of the peg creating rough opening little "burs" if you will... try it, cheap yet effective.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Does anybody make a grippier footpeg to fit the stock rearsets? (Dave R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have seen something that may help on a local 748R race bike where they kept the stock pegs and just drilled shallow holes in the ball-end of the peg creating rough opening little "burs" if you will... try it, cheap yet effective. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's sorta what my mechanic did for me last weekend when I asked the same question. He took out a dremel and cut some grooves in the ball on the end of the pegs....created a knurled effect

-Tifosi

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Does anybody make a grippier footpeg to fit the stock rearsets? (Shazaam!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shazaam! »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here’s what I did. Use a Dremel and a cut-off wheel tool to cut slots into the foot pegs. Leave the edges sharp.

http://home.san.rr.com/shazaam/Non-SlipPeg.jpg
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what mine look like

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Nichols makes nice ones that I like much better than the stockers - I have these on my 748.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Does anybody make a grippier footpeg to fit the stock rearsets? (JeffKoch)

I just ordered a set of these, cause I wanted black.

http://www.competitionwerkes.com/gpegs.htm

They look like good ones to me, have not got them yet. I searched high and low for non-folding pegs for the stock rearsets. Evidently there is no such thing. I am going to modify mine to not retract. If anyone from nichols is reading this.....you should offer a version that does not have the rounded shoulder on top, therefor eliminating the upward movement. This would create a non-folding peg. Should be easier to produce too.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Does anybody make a grippier footpeg to fit the stock rearsets? (CuStOm)

Cutting an additonal groove the length of the peg and sharpening up the the knurls worked well for me too. Did it with a dremel. MH

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Does anybody make a grippier footpeg to fit the stock rearsets? (akduc)

Well I got the Competition Werkes pegs installed and tried them out. Day and night difference. They are a little lighter than stock and are about a 1/4 longer. The best part is they have some serious grip! The milling on the pegs extends to the very end of the peg, so unlike the stock ones you get grip no matter where your foot is positioned.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Does anybody make a grippier footpeg to fit the stock rearsets? (CuStOm)

Thanks for the update.
I appreciate the info.

Do you have any info as to which p/n you ordered? Their website doesn't list an application for either the 916 bikes nor the 999 bikes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I just looked on the package....All it said was "999 Rider All Years" on them. I would contact them and tell them what you want.
http://www.competitionwerkes.c....html
My dealer did it all for me. Funny story is come to find out the company is located about 50 miles from me. They are a small operation and will sell directly to you over the phone. I reccomend them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts