Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I would say as long as the teflon looking stuff is fine, then no. The brass/copper side is not the wear side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay awesome, the teflon side looks good. i can see the squares in the teflon then i assume it is okay still.

Last question for you guys then, the manual states i need 513ml of fluid, can i just pour it into the main outer tube, or should i pour it into the inner tube. I assume they are interconnected so it wouldn't matter much.

Thanks again

Adrian

·
Trailing Member
151 Posts
I'm thinking that it's apart so why not do the bushings? Unless you are planning to dissassemble the forks again soon it would make sense to me to replace them and be done with it. I forget what they cost, but as I remember it wasn't huge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is off topic, but i put the forks back together and on the bike, but when i went to put the wheel back on, i only had one aluminum spacer between the wheel and the forks, is there suppose to be two spacers?

·
Registered
531 Posts
This is off topic, but i put the forks back together and on the bike, but when i went to put the wheel back on, i only had one aluminum spacer between the wheel and the forks, is there suppose to be two spacers?
Yes, the wider spacer goes on the right (brake side)...the other might have been stuck in your wheel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts