Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, the racing on Saturday was totally apeshit. For those of you not familiar with this usage of the phrase, in this context, it's a good thing.

Coming home from Road America Saturday night, Stlwalnut told me his neck was getting sore/stiff, from the strain of holding his head up under braking (during racing, not during the ride back).

Of course I made fun of him. "Walnut's got a weak neck... unnnnggh" I said, while flopping my head from side to side. I also suggested that maybe he needs a haircut. I was not the first person to make that suggestion over the weekend.

And of course, this morning, I have a sore neck now too.

If this has happened to me before, I didn't notice it. There are lots of possible explanations.

1) I got a weak neck... unnnghh
2) This is what happens when racers get old and sedentary.
3) I could have strained my neck any of the three(!) times my melon bounced off the ground this weekend.
4) This is what I get for making fun of Walnut, kharmic retribution.
5) I was a real "demon on the brakes", and my neck's just not up to my vastly improved racing skills.

Are there other possibilities?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Do I have a weak neck? (banda)

how about 4b, "all of the above"? race report for those who couldn't attend?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

my neck feels fine.
.............it's the rest of my body that is sore.

what race were you in on saturday? i ran the novice race, and was suprised by the amount of guys out there. i thought it would be sparcely populated, but i think there were 12-15 racers in it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Do I have a weak neck? (cb186)

Walnut and I race Vet Open. I'm #404 on a very ugly YZ426, and he's #38 on a rather smart looking KTM.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

We're old dudes.....
Neck feels better already.
Maybe it was all the gritting of the teeth...
Anyway, fun race...Banda and I had our own little duel as usual, I just spent less time on the ground than he did....
cb186: We should have met. Sorry we missed you. We could have shared a frosty cold Colt45 with you...(unofficial post race beverage of Speedzilla racers)
Next time we will look you up in the pits.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Do I have a weak neck? (stlwalnut)

i was hiding out in the truck all day(tan chev dually at the far end of the paddock) as i HATE the hot weather, and had hte A/C rollin. as soon as i was done racing for the day, i loaded up and hit the road for home, so i wasn't very social all day. next time i make it out there, hopefully i will be a bit more kicked back and relaxed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It's from looking back to see if you're about to get lapped. Happens to me all them time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Do I have a weak neck? (chriscap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chriscap »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's from looking back to see if you're about to get lapped. Happens to me all them time.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Too true.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

aaaaaahhhhhhhh
Cappy has hit the nail on the head...

G

·
0 Posts