Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: dismissal...... (TIZ)

The problem is Honda arrogance.

Honda's corporate suits have no respect for racers. They've jerked around Edwards, Rossi and now Doohan. Anyone else remember how they DUMPED Eric Bostrom after his Daytona highside?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did they jurk around with Rossi? Because they did not want to pay him 10 million a year? Edwards they did jurk around a little bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: dismissal...... (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The problem is Honda arrogance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Truer words have never been spoken, for all the money and drive they have they really do think the bike makes more difference than the rider. Rossi proved it in spades. For as smart as they are it is amazing that they can be that stupid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (spdrcrx)

"How did they jurk around with Rossi? Because they did not want to pay him 10 million a year?"

In part YES
i have a article where it is said Honda said it was the bike not the rider(Rossi
)
that is not jerking him around? Oh now that we have insulted you and your talen will you work for less and win US another championship, too funny

I beieve Rossi wanted some things at the end of the first GP season, like for his father to ride on the bike or something and they said no, and there were other petty things they gave him shat about. i think this is where him and the ball and chain thing came from(very funny IMO).

he is only the greatest racer to ride and he should COMMAND what he wants! All kinds of stars get big money, roger clemens wants 22 mill
, shack gets millions, Jordon when he played got ANYTHING he wanted, why should not rossi?

I will laugh if Micky D goes to Yamaha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Giannis)

Well Doohan started his career racing Yamahas, but he is to continue his association with Honda in Australia.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (kiwigav)

Yes i know

He won the a double Sugo World SBK race back in the late 80s with FZR750R (not the OW-01)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I've got a VHS tape around here somewhere with a WSB race from Oran Park with Doohan riding a Yami. Must've been '89? Bet it won't play after all these years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: dismissal...... (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... they really do think the bike makes more difference than the rider. For as smart as they are it is amazing that they can be that stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Another solid statement.

Success can indeed cloud the mind sometimes... in any form of competition.

At the same time, with the pace that Barros was setting during the last couple races of 2003 + Nicky's solid rookie performance, Honda must not have thought that they were too bad of shape.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knew Doohan would get the axe. He was the most outspoken anti-Biaggi man on the paddock, Rossi might hate him more, but Doohan always said everything Rossi which he could about Max. What did you think would happen when Biaggi got signed to Repsol? don't think for a second Biaggi didn't bring up Doohan duringtalks....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I knew Doohan would get the axe. He was the most outspoken anti-Biaggi man on the paddock, Rossi might hate him more, but Doohan always said everything Rossi which he could about Max. What did you think would happen when Biaggi got signed to Repsol? don't think for a second Biaggi didn't bring up Doohan duringtalks....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that by the end of the season Honda will be sorry they put Biaggi in that seat. I don't know how important **** was in the effort but I think he will be missed by some die hard fans.

Honda IMHO hasn't been firing on all cylinders this last season, bad mouthing Rossi then not letting him train before 2004...now putting Biaggi in the #1 Honda seat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (spdrcrx)

Reports at the time indicated that some faceless Honda bean counter had greatly offended Vale by refusing to approve reimbursement of a $600 plane ticket for a friend or girlfriend. If true, the story tells a lot about Honda...

Run by beancounters and sliderule jockeys. Running off racers and those who appreciate them.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spdrcrx »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How did they jurk around with Rossi? Because they did not want to pay him 10 million a year? Edwards they did jurk around a little bit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thought it was just a wholesale purging of the repsol team and doohan was the final piece. i agree with the just of the thread tho. honda just believes "it's the plan, not the man"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (bdfinally)

I'd say Tamada is where they'll be looking. Out on a support team with fewer distractions. Then when it's time it'll be simple to move him to the A-team.

A Japanese world champion has to be the plan. It was supposed to be Katoh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So who should be there if not Max?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tamada? Hell bring in some new talent, they couldn't do worse.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Just Riding Along)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Just Riding Along »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd say Tamada is where they'll be looking. Out on a support team with fewer distractions. Then when it's time it'll be simple to move him to the A-team.

A Japanese world champion has to be the plan. It was supposed to be Katoh. </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly!!!!!!! tamada all the way. i know ill hear this one but i really dont think nicky should be there either, hell collin did better then him last 2 season scoring more points then nicky, just cause hes young doesnt mean hes the next big thing. maybe cause im just a huge bayliss and collin fan!
nicky hasnt done nothing great to even be with repsol. i think tamada shouldve gotten the repsol ride and very surprised at honda for not doing it. but then again they are bunch of haters with so much arrogance!!
not letting rossi train early. wow. i love the fact the doohan though worked for honda he was very open about rooting for rossi and hope goes to yamaha to work with rossi!!! that would be nice way to get at honda for their stupid choices they made.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (killer bee)

I was under the impression Barros wasn't released early for testing. No love lost between those factories.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts