Banned
472 Posts
i have a 03 sp1 and i have seen earlier sp1s that have differances
my question is why?????

1,, threaded hole under swingarm for paddock stand bobbins aint on my 03
and is on earlier ones

2.. colour of forks on mine is gold and earlier ones are kinda browny

pic here you can see the threaded holes i dont have

If you have a 2003, you have an SP2 - not an SP1.
That's why you are noticing the differences. ;)

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Im pretty sure the SP1 is the one with brownish forklegs, and the later more goldish.

Perhaps post a picture of your bike?

·
750 Posts
SP-1: '00 model
  • Swingarm has bobbin adapters on there for paddock stand
  • Front forks are a brown type colour with blue adjusters atop of the forks
SP-1: '01 model onwards
  • Swingarm bobbin adpators not present. This was done in order to use the HRC type rear paddock stand. (I'll get you a picture)
  • Front forks colour is chaged to a lighter gold colour with silver (aluminium finish) adjusters atop of the forks. (This colour scheme was then utilised across the range of the SP's until the end of production)
Hope this helps to clear up your query.
Cheers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SP-1: '00 model
  • Swingarm has bobbin adapters on there for paddock stand
  • Front forks are a brown type colour with blue adjusters atop of the forks
SP-1: '01 model onwards
  • Swingarm bobbin adpators not present. This was done in order to use the HRC type rear paddock stand. (I'll get you a picture)
  • Front forks colour is chaged to a lighter gold colour with silver (aluminium finish) adjusters atop of the forks. (This colour scheme was then utilised across the range of the SP's until the end of production)
Hope this helps to clear up your query.
Cheers.

cheers dude
thats what i needed to know
hrc paddock stand sounds cool:D

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Are you sure your bike is an '03? SP1's were only imported to the states for 2000 and 2001, not sure about elsewhere, but I've never seen an '03 SP1

Judging by this pic of yours, you have an '01:

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
I have heard in some places the vehicles "year" is dictated by the first time it is registered for road use. Don't know if this applies to the situation at hand.

"SP-1: '01 model onwards
Swingarm bobbin adpators not present. This was done in order to use the HRC type rear paddock stand. (I'll get you a picture)
Front forks colour is chaged to a lighter gold colour with silver (aluminium finish) adjusters atop of the forks. (This colour scheme was then utilised across the range of the SP's until the end of production)"

I have a slight problem with this as every SP2 I've seen has blue adjusters. perhaps it should read. "(This colour scheme was then utilised across the range of the SP-1's until the end of production)" But I don't know for a fact that it's true.

·
Denmark
512 Posts
And SP-1 rims (6 spokes instead of 5)

Im guessing your saying its an '03 because of the documents? Its propably just registered the first time in '03, I know thats causing some confusing in Denmark sometimes when it happens.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And SP-1 rims (6 spokes instead of 5)

Im guessing your saying its an '03 because of the documents? Its propably just registered the first time in '03, I know thats causing some confusing in Denmark sometimes when it happens.

yes 03 was when it was first registerd
i bought this bike from a bloke who bought it new from local dealer in 03

apparantley they only made 200 silver ones
for hondas 50th aniversary

·
750 Posts
I have a slight problem with this as every SP2 I've seen has blue adjusters. perhaps it should read. "(This colour scheme was then utilised across the range of the SP-1's until the end of production)" But I don't know for a fact that it's true.[/quote]

You're correct in your observation.
I apologise for any confusion.

Cheers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts