Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a smoking deal on some sharkskinz which was shipped in two boxes. I received the upper, lower, and front fender but the box with the tail section is lost and nowhere to be found. Last scan was the pickup from the sender then nothing.

I don't think the guy that sold it to me is at fault since he did his part. Anyways how does the claim process work? How long will it take and what amount will DHL pay me? DHL CSR mentioned if no value is declared the it is automatically insured up to $100.00. Shipper didn't declare a value and the new replacement cost is around $240.

This sucks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'd say your outta at least 140 bucks, if it was only insured up to 100 bux than you'll lose the rest. thats how it worked for ups when they lost some memory for one of my pc's. Unless you paid for insurance to cover the part than i'd say your outt of some dough

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DHL lost my shipment (rcebrnr)

not to sound like a smartass,but why don't you contact DHL to answer all your questions?
their website may also contain their insurance terms.
i can say from my past insurance claims with UPS and Fedex that you'll most likely NOT come out on top

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: DHL lost my shipment (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not to sound like a smartass,but why don't you contact DHL to answer all your questions?
their website may also contain their insurance terms.
i can say from my past insurance claims with UPS and Fedex that you'll most likely NOT come out on top

Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did contact DHL. The DHL rep couldn't answer the question about a refund amount until the claim is fully reviewed.

I understand that a maximum of $100 is covered for shipments declared with no value. She asked questions in regards to what the tail was worth. I paid for a complete set so it was difficult to put a value on the tail section. But if you ratio out what I paid for the complete set versus a new set at retail, the tail then would come out to $71.76.

I asked her what the claim amount would be. Ratio'd amount of $71.76, No declared value amount of $100.00, or retail amount of $240.00. She couldn't answer the question. I think $240.00 is unlikely though.

I just want my package to make my set complete.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

if they only pay $100,you may want to contact the seller for the remainder it will cost you to replace it.
even though it's not directly his fault,he should have properly insured the package.
it's a long shot,but worth a try.
also,in my past experience,it's best to tell them the value is what it would cost to actually replace the item.in the package you got,it may have only cost you $71,but it will cost far more to replace it.if you even mention that lower figure,i'm sure that's what they'll try to reimburse you for.
it would be a good idea to look for a complete set of their terms for insurance,so you have every possible advantage.most shippers have rules on packaging,padding,markings(for example,putting an extra shipping label inside the package in case the original is damaged),etc.
good luck.
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

the person who ships the item has to make the claim. You never received the item so who ever sold you the item has to give you your money back or resend another tail section. I know this first hand. The seller has to make the claim. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts