Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

yeah - he drove off after he did it too.....only to come back later with some story about how the insurance card that was in the DHL truck had expired. He left to call his boss to get the current information....

didn't bother to pick up the bike or anything....just left it laying on the ground

filing a police report tonight

we're just hoping that he didn't put the bike in a pinch when he backed into it....

the bike was sitting just as it is in those pictures....

backed into a parking spot

he essentially squeezed it between his back bumper and the curb....the forks are probably twisetd and we're hoping the wheels aren't bent....won't know till we get them off the bike and on a machine....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: DHL is now on my sh*t list..... (01Sport)

The wankers, some arseholes just don't even think about what they have done, sure accidents can happen but to just bugger off and leave it
he needs to sent down the road.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01Sport »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">....the forks are probably twisetd and we're hoping the wheels aren't bent....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah... bummer... I sure hope those Ohlins R&T forks are OK... along with those forged magnesium Marchensini wheels.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: DHL is now on my sh*t list..... (Mental998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah... bummer... I sure hope those Ohlins R&T forks are OK... along with those forged magnesium Marchensini wheels.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you sir are evil.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saw the post topic and thought it wasn't just me getting hosed by DHL shipping.

saw the first pic, Looked like DHL manhandled your fender in transit.

But I wasn't ready for them backing up onto your bike.
Hope everything works out with insurance and getting it fixed. It's bad the way the driver handled his screwup, hit and run style initially.

Did you see the whole thing go down?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I couldn't have said it any better.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: DHL is now on my sh*t list..... (CaliDuc)

I hear those carbon fiber rims are pretty fragile.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: DHL is now on my sh*t list..... (Tornado-rider)

Did he come back on his own or did you guys get the truck number and call? If he had to be tracked down to come back I would make sure the police file a hit and run charge on him. Bastard.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah... bummer... I sure hope those Ohlins R&T forks are OK... along with those forged magnesium Marchensini wheels.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

01 sport, I think I remember you saying you had some braketech CMCs up front also...

How long have you guys had the bike for, couple weeks?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Bloody Bastid, knock his block off.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Did someone see it happen?
If not the guy came back on his won?

Sorry for your bike.Im sure it will all come together for you.
He may lose his position after they see the qoute.
Are you sure the bike wasnt in gear and the fall spun the rear wheel which bent the race cams and high perf valves and other vital high HP parts inside?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

1) He left the scene of an accident.
2) You should have called Police to write the report at the scene as soon as you found out.
3) Best of luck...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

you proberly need to lie down with all that stress and how is your neck,the back must be sore after picking it up,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

You sure you don't live in New Orleans? That kind of crap happens all the time around here. The newest sport in town seems to be sideswiping my truck in parking lots. Every time I come out it's got a new dent somewhere. I gave up trying to do something about it a long time ago. That sucks about your bike though, by the time they are done paying for your parts you'll actually end up owning the southern division of the company.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Death! Death to DHL!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: DHL is now on my sh*t list..... (Dutch900)

1) He came back
2) Private property so the College Station police department wouldn't touch it, believe me, he called (my boyfriend - it's his bike)

The bike is all of 2 weeks old. It was bought used 2 weeks ago, but it only had 600 miles on it....

No one that I know of saw it happen. The office manager for the place where my boyfriend works came out and saw the bike laying on it's side (opposite of the kick stand). It was backed into the same parking spot in roughly the same place when it happened. The office manager came out, found it and immediately started to look around for a damaged vehicle. He picked the bike back up and went across the street to the restraunt to see if the manager had anyone show up for work a few minutes before (this was about 9am), the manager was the only one there so he walked back across the street. Then the DHL driver showed back up with his sob story.....

the bike rides fine. Had to ride it home last night, wouldn't leave it sitting out next to a busy road with no protection over night, especially since the cops wouldn't come out.

Called DHL and they wanted us to come up with a quote. So we have called the dealership where we bought the bike and I also got a quote on tires....

tires alone at MSRP is going to run $485....lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hbliam has some s4r parts up for auction, including a front fender. here.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fender is nice and all, but it won't exactly match the paint that's on the bike (blue with the white stripe that's offset)

but I'll be looking into the other stuff!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts