Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I am torn because I want to see Rossi, but most importantly, Ducati do well. I still hope Hayden shows him up all season even if that is very unlikely.

If that were to occur, it would be Rossi making the bike better for Hayden and his lingering injuries holding him back. If Rossi wins, it will be because he is the GOAT. If Rossi and Hayden are about the same it is because Ducati is a POS and of course his shoulder.

Ducati is a no-lose proposition for Rossi, at least as far as his reputation.

·
Banned
929 Posts
The yellow is just nasty.

I read an article the other day that had Lorenzo saying "the big red machine is unbeatable if someone could figure out how to ride it". Hopefully with the new fork setup they'll get those bikes in check and get to the front. I just wanna see Nicky do good no matter what bike he's on. I wish all the well for Ben but theres just something about him I dont like. Must be those Dale Earnhart wanna be shades he wears.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I wonder if tires will be tailored more for Rossi and Ducati than to the other manufacturers. Even though they are spec tires and everyone has a choice of a few of the same compounds and construction, you know they only use a few rider's feedback to develop them over the year.

It will be interesting if the Ducati gets progressively better as the season goes on while at the same time riders and teams that rarely have front end problems suddenly develop mysterious issues and have poor results.

The Ducati seems like it might be different enough to require tires unique to their application. If that development ends up being the spec tire choices, everyone else may be in trouble. It could be that by fixing the Ducati's woes you also make it a disadvantage for eveyone else. Rossi at the front is what many want anyway, so we will see what happens.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I am torn because I want to see Rossi, but most importantly, Ducati do well. I still hope Hayden shows him up all season even if that is very unlikely.

If that were to occur, it would be Rossi making the bike better for Hayden and his lingering injuries holding him back. If Rossi wins, it will be because he is the GOAT. If Rossi and Hayden are about the same it is because Ducati is a POS and of course his shoulder.

I agree for the most part. Much as I like Nicky and wish him well, though, I seriously doubt he will finish ahead of Rossi in any race that both finish or don;t have disastrous tire choices.

It sure is going to be a good year to pay the bucks for motogp.com (still haven;t figured the torrent stuff out)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Used to be that way...

Building tires to suit a rider used to be the way it went, but it seems with SPEC tires it was Rossi changing his game and the Yammy when he was there...

being that everyone is busy "improving" there bikes, we have seen previous bike winners come out and all of a sudden have issues due to something they thought would work better than the previous year.

With all the rider changes; this will be magnified; but I don't think it will be because Rossi is developing the tires for everyone to use. :twocents

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts

Rossi nor anybody else in this world can call the Desmo a POS...Just go talk to a certain lil Aussie who won the title on it.:clapper Can Rossi ride the wheels off it like Stoner did???? Remains to be seen. We already know that no other pilots can.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Rossi nor anybody else in this world can call the Desmo a POS...Just go talk to a certain lil Aussie who won the title on it.:clapper Can Rossi ride the wheels off it like Stoner did???? Remains to be seen. We already know that no other pilots can.
Rossi leghumpers will excoriate Ducati for failing to build a bike worthy of his talents.

·
Banned
929 Posts
Yeah he rode the wheels off of it alright he also crashed it a whole bunch to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recall Bayliss being able to put the bike on the podium and on the #1 spot.. and to top it off, as a back up rider! when he was on WSBK.
It'll be an exciting year for Ducati for sure..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts