Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use them. If you do the CRB coil mod, you pretty much have to use them. Quality plugs IMO.
So you're paying $30+ PER PLUG??? I'm not talking about the standard iridium plugs. I too have done the CBR coil mod, but use turned-down NGK plugs. I'm thinking about going with Denso next, but considering the RACING plug, which is totally different from the standard iridium...

see this link: DENSO SPARK PLUGS - Basic Knowledge

·
Premium Member
914 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
So you're paying $30+ PER PLUG??? I'm not talking about the standard iridium plugs. I too have done the CBR coil mod, but use turned-down NGK plugs. I'm thinking about going with Denso next, but considering the RACING plug, which is totally different from the standard iridium...

see this link: DENSO SPARK PLUGS - Basic Knowledge
Denso only makes the racing plugs for the SP1. I have an SP2, so haven't had a chance to try them. Would be cool if they had a set for the SP2 though.

DENSO SPARK PLUGS

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you getting your turned-down NGKs?

If you do, let us know if it made any difference.
I had a machine shop turn them down. After labor, it didn't make economical sense to stick with NGK iridiums, doing 2 at-a-time, so I'm gonna use Denso from now on.

Though the differences are many, the main difference with the RACING plugs are that the grounding electrode of those plugs are iridium as well. That's where most of the cost is. Also, there's a lot of patented laser welding on the plug.

Denso only makes the racing plugs for the SP1. I have an SP2, so haven't had a chance to try them. Would be cool if they had a set for the SP2 though.

DENSO SPARK PLUGS
Actually, that's a misprint. I told my buddy at Denso to fix that. The RACING iridium plugs would be the same for both SP1 and SP2, just like the standard iridium plugs would be the same for both the SP1 and SP2. The dead giveaway to the misprint is the heat range for what they recommend for the SP2...WAY TOO HOT!!! Should be a 27 heat range; not a 20, which is 3 levels hotter... So in NGK speak, that's like moving from a 9 (recommended) to a 6!!! Obviously wrong...

Maybe I'll break down and try the RACING iridiums...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.