Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a friendly reminder to all riders here............................

Late Fall is the breeding and migration season for deer. It is also the peak time for deer-vehicle collisions. (1.5 million deer-vehicle crashes occur each year in the U.S.) Deer are the most active near dawn and dusk. (Right when it is perfect weather for riding)

From now until winter is when these little bastards are going to be trying to ruin your day. You may know the turn you are leaned over in, but not what is about ready to jump onto the road.

So be careful guys...................and gals (both of you girls):wacky

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Good post. :rockon

CaliDuc said:
Deer are the most active near dawn and dusk.
That's when they're most active, but don't let your guard down during the day. I've had two close calls in the late morning (11:30 & 11:50) in the last week or so. The first one suprised me and the second one scared me. :twocents

·
Registered
389 Posts
Everybody else has the big 200+ lb. deer, in florida they look like dogs running around, Be especially careful at night, they are like little suicide bombers when it comes to headlights!

·
King of the pork sword!
506 Posts
I was working at the Dow HQ in Midland, Michigan one day and walked out to my truck (at 4:30pm!!), to see a heard of them eating the front lawn. They never even budged! That place is crazy full of deer, turkeys, and other wild life.

I hate driving up there this time of the year, and flat out refuse to ride the bike, as there is a chance that I may be caught up until after dark.
Thanks for the reminder!

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Wisconsin has a huge deer poplulation, the problem is the hunters get drunk before they hunt so they can't shoot for shit.:D

I think loud pipes could help scare away wildlife though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Latebraker said:
Wisconsin has a huge deer poplulation, the problem is the hunters get drunk before they hunt so they can't shoot for shit.:D
Problem is some land owners not allowing deer hunting in some prime woodlands. Also too many big city people out hunting that have no business in teh woods with a gun. For example, a guy from chicago tried to register a HOLSTEIN COW as a deer because it was brown and white.:wacky Seen it myself at teh DNR station. My first year hunting. Then there was that asshat from MN who KILLED 6 others because he got called a name.

BTW I'll try to get as many does as I can. Usually have between 4 and 8 doe tags myself and 15-20 in teh group.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it has started. While taking my kids to school this morning I saw two dead deer (one was a BIG buck) and a dead mountain lion on the side of the highway that had been hit. Picking the kids up from school today I saw 3 deer roaming around next to the road.

Be careful guys.:twocents

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
superduc21 said:
Everybody else has the big 200+ lb. deer, in florida they look like dogs running around, Be especially careful at night, they are like little suicide bombers when it comes to headlights!
Deer ain't the only problem down there. One night having a late nite cruise in my cage through the Ocala National Forest I hit a big bobcat dead center. Could not drive over 30 afterwards as the front wheels were trying to kiss each other. Felt like I ran over a concrete block.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its hunting season here and the way we can tell is from all of the trucks pulling a camper pulling a trailer of four-wheelers and the guys standing, in blaze orange, outside of their truck off the side of the freeway and glassing the hills.

The scary thing is the dead shit I see during my 100 mile commute, like dead moose or dead elk. Yikes! Nobody wins that battle.

Cheers,
D

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
Man the thing I hate is coming around a corner and find some drunken deer hunter staggering around in the middle of the road, geesh. these guys. You yell at them and they start shooting. Can't hit shit but them bullets will scare the breakfast right out of ya:woot:

I almost hit a moose once but this little flying squirl wearing a leather WW1 fighter hat warned me and I missed the stupid moose.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sp2pilot said:
I almost hit a moose once but this little flying squirl wearing a leather WW1 fighter hat warned me and I missed the stupid moose.
You have those there too? Must be a California thing. Please stop driving them inland.:wacky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts