Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: deciding still on DUc (throttlehead)

My 2004 998S has an Olin's shock but I do not think it is this one. It is adjustable for rebound and compression but I don't think it has high an low speed adjustment. The preload is also not remote hydraulic. Preload is adjusted with the locking collar on the spring.

Ride Safe.
Marc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: deciding still on DUc (lomaxcm)

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/se...chive

Check ducati's site. They have pages for all of the models back to 2001 and owners manuals for back to 2000 (link on the lefthand side menu). Should be able to find all of the info you need there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

No, 998 don't come with that model Ohlins shock. Just compression, rebound, and preload adjustments.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: deciding still on DUc (Phil 998)

thanks guys....but the 2002 (REg, person model) ,_ me....did have the basic Ohlins on it with the Showa forks right.....thanks

crap i know i gonna have to buy the good one just like with the RC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by throttlehead »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks guys....but the 2002 (REg, person model) ,_ me....did have the basic Ohlins on it with the Showa forks right.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right, sorry about that, I should have been more specific. BTW the R/T Ohlins forks make a huge difference over the Showa forks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course you can always go with a Ohlins revalve of the Showa fork just like the RC51 needs! Welcome to the club, My last bike before my 01 996 was a 02 RC51.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (Karlb)

Just like the RC and more if I can scoop this bike....will be the extra Ohlins rear and the reworked Showa's.....not really a super deep bank to be splurging on SBike Ohlins forks.....or could I really ever fully exploit them...
but a reworked front Ohlins front end and respring rear full deal rear Ohlins will be first new bits..... frame sliders. top triple, clutch plate, clutch cover, clip ons slight rise, CC rearsets....blah blah.. :) dreams are fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts