Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, Just made my first visit to the Dragon the weekend of 6/2 and 6/3. Friday was mainly a rain event until early evening. Saturday was a blast. A friend and myself hit the Dragon at 8:30 Sat. morning for some early runs before the place got packed. It was great! I will be back for another visit later this year. I did see a few other 51's out there. Not sure if any of those are members on this site? If so, I hope you had as good of a time as I did. Take care.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Deals Gap (mycirus)

The Gap is great. Once u've been there and done it... u always wait it again and again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Deals Gap (East_Ky_Rockets)

Went there in late March for the first time. No one and I mean no one was there. Did the Cherahola Skyway on Friday and did not pass a single bike or car. That was rouphly 50 miles of just me and my friend. Very
!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Deals Gap (02RC51)

I agree, It's a blast. Just watch out for the THP and the Blount Co. Sheriff's Dept. Drag Racing is the offense of choice for them to screw you with. Glad you finally made it there and had a great time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Deals Gap (uncflight)

Blount Co. Sheriff's Dept doesnt mean too many reasons to write tickets. Last year, my first trip i got a ticket cuz my plate fell off and i had it in my trunk. Shitty part was the pig wrote me while i was helping a fellow rider ( a RC rider at that) get his bike out of the woods. He just walked around looking for something to write. I think it costed me like $120 for that stupid ticket.

I've not been down this year yet.. but everything that i've been reading Blount Co. Sheriff's Dept has gotten worse this year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Deals Gap (East_Ky_Rockets)

Gap update: Sunday night some asshat dumped several bottles of oil again going into some of the turns about 2 miles from the NC/TN line on the TN side. Hopefully it will be washed away over the next few days of rain. This is the secound time this has happened, one person has been arrested in connection to the oil dumping from the first time. One rider went down in the oil Sunday morning and wedged there bike under a car. Thankfully no one was injured. There is a 750.00 reward from the T.O.D. site if anyone has any information leading to an arrest.

Also if you come to the Gap do take note of the signs that are now inplace at both ends of the Gap. They say " Lane crossing kills ". Gents the locals are starting to get pissed about riders and car drivers that feel the need to cross the center line. We don't care how fast you want to go but at the very least keep it in your lane.

Thanks
Deals Gap local.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts