Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Did anyone see the flames shooting out of the pipe of Beaubier's Yamaha?

I've never been a fan of Disalvo but he rode a great race. If he hadn't had the pit troubles he would easily won IMO.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah I saw the constant flame for what like 2-3 seconds as he came around. Yes too bad JD had the early pit for possible tire issues, he was down in 19th place at one point and fought his way to 2nd, if it wasnt for the lap traffic he had a chance to pull the W still. I expect to see good things out of him this year. I am somewhat confused with the classes though. I seen some Buell 1125R's running in the 600 class??? Zemke's running an 1098? I havent kept up with AMA for some time as it was always the same Suzuki **** winning year after year after year it was like really come on why dont you move up to WSBK or MOTOGP...lol but kind of weird because back in the day with the 600 class there were the 748 ducs and in the 750 class there was the 998 ducs and in the unlimited class was the liter bikes right? Just trying to figure out how these liter plus V-twins are able to compete against 600 I4's..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Buells used to run Daytona sportbike, it's what Eslick won his first championship on. That Buell that was running was old spec so it could meet the standards for the division, but being old spec also made it uncompetitive.
Zemke was on an 848, the same type of bike Disalvo raced on for most of last season. Disalvo looked good on his 848 last year until he got injured and everything kinda fell apart.
As for the DSPT rules I think that you have to meet specific performance parameters like all bikes can only make x amount of hp based on how much they weigh. I'm not 100% sure about that cause I haven't checked the rule book lately.
On a slightly different note...Damn that race ROCKED!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
all the ama bashing going on, and that series has the most entertaining races... The 200 was better than the last 50 motogp races...

you are a moron!!!!

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.