Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Observation:

Mladin is an interesting and well spoken race commentator.
Freddie Spencer, not so much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (banda)

well, since he's scared to go to WSB or GP, maybe he can become a race announcer and finally quit sandbagging

hey mat: theres a reason youre the only person to win 5 ama superbike titles...anybody with 2 or more moves on to better things

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (Dezmo)

You mean ....like Miguel? How was his GP career? Kocinski? Chandler? Polen? How about Colin's lackluster GP career. Won WSBK once.... Nicky won the AMA Superbike championship and then went on to MotoGP stardom.....uh, maybe not. How many MotoGP championships does Nicky have?

I've got no problem with Mladin staying here and racing. The guy's good. Damn good. If racing here pays well enough, what the hell!

Or should we give them two championships before riders are banned from the class?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah! Then there's that frappin' sandbaggin' Valentino Rossi! That Bastard! All those Championships and he's still racing! The nerve of him. He should be banned and made to race WRC - do something he actually sucks at. Or make him compete in the Lumberjack World Championships, yeah, that's it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (Buckelew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buckelew »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah! Then there's that frappin' sandbaggin' Valentino Rossi! That Bastard! All those Championships and he's still racing! The nerve of him. He should be banned and made to race WRC - do something he actually sucks at. Or make him compete in the Lumberjack World Championships, yeah, that's it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell you what lets see malidin win on a Honda or Ducati. I give props to Rossi for making a less than competitive bike the season prior into a MotoGp champion.

That is a true Champion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buckelew »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You mean ....like Miguel? How was his GP career? Kocinski? Chandler? Polen? How about Colin's lackluster GP career. Won WSBK once.... Nicky won the AMA Superbike championship and then went on to MotoGP stardom.....uh, maybe not. How many MotoGP championships does Nicky have?

I've got no problem with Mladin staying here and racing. The guy's good. Damn good. If racing here pays well enough, what the hell!

damn! well said!!!

Or should we give them two championships before riders are banned from the class?</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (killer bee)

Boy, we can really tell who's the mladin ass-kissers on this forum

As soon as there is a bike racing class higher than motoGP, I'm quite sure rossi will be there dominating it too. But theres not, so he cant move up. Instead he purposely puts himself on a slower bike and STILL dominates.
Talking about complete other sports only makes you sound dumb.

You all know mat has the talent to move up, the fact is, he's a whiny lil prima donna, too much of a pussy to go play with the big boys. If he wants to spend the rest of his career racing the same national series over and over and over, he should go back to australia. Staying here is like repeating the 3rd grade 5 times in a row just because youre good at it

as far as nicky and colin goes, at least they are trying

just my
nobody get their underwear in a wad becuase I am expressing my opinion about a rider none of us know personally

Modified by Dezmo at 3:04 AM 3/11/2005

Modified by Dezmo at 3:06 AM 3/11/2005

Modified by Dezmo at 3:06 AM 3/11/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I would have liked to see Mladin tackle GP, but the truth is he is like a lot of us thirty somethings. We had our chance to go big in whatever we were doing when we were twenty something but wives, kids etc change our perspective.(read nueture(sp) us
). Example no kids (maybe wife) still in special ops in the Army. Wife and kids nice safe job as a principal in rural Maine and have to get my rush from racing and beating the snot out of my buddies F6 ext.
Mladin did do a good job in the box.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (999)

Matt has been to the GP's. Teamed with Chandler on the Cagiva squad.

Matt has the skills to pay the bills. I don't like him. But I do respect the talent and profesionalism he brings to the Yoshimura team. As far as staying. Hell that is the way of anything. He will leave as soon as somebody kicks his ass so bad he has to leave. He has a family now and enjoys his "winters" in North America.

My fear is that the friggen Gixxer will be so fast this season that double A Ron will be on the podium all season as well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My fear is that the friggen Gixxer will be so fast this season that double A Ron will be on the podium all season as well
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends on if he picks a fight with someone bigger than a circus midget...at that point he might miss some rounds being on medical leave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (Phil 998)

Different stokes for different folks....

I always wanted to ask Rich Oliver why he never went to the World Class 250 GP series. Damn he was good!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (hank)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hank »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Different stokes for different folks....

I always wanted to ask Rich Oliver why he never went to the World Class 250 GP series. Damn he was good!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Look up what he didn't do on 600's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (998Junkie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998Junkie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tell you what lets see malidin win on a Honda or Ducati. I give props to Rossi for making a less than competitive bike the season prior into a MotoGp champion.

That is a true Champion.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys talk like Rossi did this out of a sense of history. He did it because of EGO. He did it to prove to Honda that it was the Rider that made their bike - and not the other way around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

If a top MotoGP factory squad threw big bucks and support Mladin's way, I think he'd take it in a heartbeat. There aren't, nor have there been any such offers since he left 500GP. In certain of his Championship seasons the Suzuki was the best bike, in others it wasn't and he still did the business. He's not a guy I root for to win races but I respect the hell out of him. No one works harder and is more focused on the task of winning than he is.

This year, his biggest challenger will probably be Spies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buckelew »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Look up what [Rich Oliver] didn't do on 600's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Look up which 600 he was riding. He was lucky to get that turd on the grid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (AZ Scott)

Spencer seems to talk about himself an awful lot, but doesn't have much interesting to say.

I liked having Pridmore in the commentary booth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Actually, Miguel was on a crap bike with crap tires when he was racing in GP 500. He was lucky to make the grid...let alone place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Daytona Superstock coverage on SPEED (LDH)

He also did Superbike but then I think he got racked up pretty bad at Road Atlanta.

Modified by bsess at 2:11 PM 3/11/2005

1 - 20 of 26 Posts