Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dave, Gerg at Stockholm 5.29.05 (Gerg)

No problem Greg. BTW, although I edited out the shakey shots of the ground and sky and I lost you in my view finder, you now have documentation you were pulling away from Dave at Stockholm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Dave, Gerg at Stockholm 5.29.05 (Eric Landstrom)

How many people showed up? It looks like you had the place to yourself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Dave, Gerg at Stockholm 5.29.05 (MNwilly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MNwilly »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How many people showed up? It looks like you had the place to yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably about 15 total.

They had 2 sessions, "fast" & "slow". We were placed in the slow group, although there were several riders in the fast group that were running slower than we were. It worked out OK, having only 4 riders in our "slow" group meant it was almost like our own private track.

Thanks for the vid Eric! Although, it's not my best work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (cb186)

I think Dave got it at about 15 folks. My "class" had a few more people in it. I struggled all day with lines and fitness issues and I eventually figured out the fast way for me was to stop using a moto style in every turn and use a mixed moto and road-race style. By the end of the day I was pleased with myself as I really had picked up the pace in the last couple of sessions and figured out the line in four of the corners.

I have no idea what I'm doing out at DCTC but if you swing by on June 4th you can clock me.
I think Greg and Dave are back out at DCTC the first run in July (I forgot the date).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Eric Landstrom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Dave got it at about 15 folks. My "class" had a few more people in it. I struggled all day with lines and fitness issues and I eventually figured out the fast way for me was to stop using a moto style in every turn and use a mixed moto and road-race style. By the end of the day I was pleased with myself as I really had picked up the pace in the last couple of sessions and figured out the line in four of the corners.

I have no idea what I'm doing out at DCTC but if you swing by on June 4th you can clock me.
I think Greg and Dave are back out at DCTC the first run in July (I forgot the date). </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i don't know if i'll be down there this weekend, unless a spot in the first class opens up. i was down there this past sunday running my KX250 motard for the first time. damn, that was fun as hell. i know i hit 1:13's by the third session, and not sure how low i got by the end of the day. i will be out there for the last 6 weekends of the year though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I've never run Pat's deal out at Dakota before but I understand that it isn't too bad. On the other hand, having been through Steve's novice class, I know his class is good instruction and you can pass on any straight towards the end of the day and always in the intermediate and advanced classes.

Next time I run Dakota, instead of taking every corner road race style, I'm going to try a mixed road race and moto style and see if that doesn't speed things up ('course buying some race tires from Darren would definately speed things up too).

1:13 sounds like a good time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Eric Landstrom)

as a road racer, it's hard to get used to trying to ride moto style, but all of the ice riding has helped a ton. the faster left hander by the dirt mond(T4?)i would ride foot down and bike pushed down, and the bus stop was foot down, but everything else was RR style.
yeah, the no passing except in the back where your out of sight, sucked. the 250 doesn't have legs on many bikes. i have to take the class for Steve's event, because i've never been down there till this weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yeah, the no passing except in the back where your out of sight, sucked. the 250 doesn't have legs on many bikes. i have to take the class for Steve's event, because i've never been down there till this weekend. </TD></TR></TABLE>

On Steve's days, you can pass on any straight.

The only problem is being out there with sportbikes that are scary slow in the corners, then choose to use all 150 rwhp in the straight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts