Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the SS is ready for some new shoes. It's the wife's bike so it's not really pushed to the limit you could say...but what bike really (honestly) is on the street. I'd be pressed to say she's never know the difference between the two. She does have her own opinions though and she picked the Bridgestone based on looks...women!!:wacky So, any inputs on the Bridgestones compared to the powers? Commuting plus the occasional run through the mountains. No track days. Any ideas on mileage comparison?

Don't flame me on the mileage question cause I know there's tons of factors on that one. I have been impressed with the Pilot Powers though...I've got 4,000 miles on mine and it's not even started to sqare off.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One wierd thing about the Bridgestone web site is they list like three different 120/70's and three or four different 180/55's and three or four different 190/50's. What's that all about? What's the difference?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think the difference is that BT014 may come stock on some bikes, so those are probably the OEM tires for other specific bikes.

My BT014 rear seemed to wear out faster than my PP (down the middle). I had about 1000 miles on the BT014, took it off and put on the PP's for a trackday, now I have close to 3000 miles on the PP's (with two track days on them), the middle looks new compared to the BT014, the sides are toast on the PP's though :rockon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts