Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Dan photos from DCTC (Eric Landstrom)

Fun stuff to bad I crashed so earily in the morning lost alittle motivation after that.

Dan V.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dan photos from DCTC (dvo1)

Maybe so but now you can sign up for either the medium or expert group and have fun. And you can pass time looking for some leather pants with armor too.

Modified by Eric Landstrom at 8:02 AM 8/14/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, and he can take the place of one of the 3 or 4 guys out in the rowdy session that really should have been in the mellow group.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (cb186)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, and he can take the place of one of the 3 or 4 guys out in the rowdy session that really should have been in the mellow group.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those guys were all right. One of them asked if he was holding us up and I told him he was fine but one of those fellows did get passed on either side going into turn one (I was on the inside and I can't remember who was on the outside). Besides, all but one of them was generous in letting folks get past them.

Modified by Eric Landstrom at 12:29 PM 8/14/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, and he can take the place of one of the 3 or 4 guys out in the rowdy session that really should have been in the mellow group.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've run into that problem at DCTC from the other end. I always ride in the mellow group, since my 250 just doesn't have the power to stay with the big sportbikes in the straights.

Back in June there was a group in the mellow class that should have been in the rowdy class. Gerg even had one guy punt him off the track at the kink after the back straight. Gerg turned in and some guy was trying to stuff him up the inside and they made contact and Gerg stood up it up and went off the track. A total jackass move, especially considering the no passing in the corners rule.

However, last time we were at DCTC, I don't think either one of us got passed in the mellow class. We were the fastest ones out there and on the smallest bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've run into that problem at DCTC from the other end. I always ride in the mellow group, since my 250 just doesn't have the power to stay with the big sportbikes in the straights.

Back in June there was a group in the mellow class that should have been in the rowdy class. Gerg even had one guy punt him off the track at the kink after the back straight. Gerg turned in and some guy was trying to stuff him up the inside and they made contact and Gerg stood up it up and went off the track. A total jackass move, especially considering the no passing in the corners rule.

However, last time we were at DCTC, I don't think either one of us got passed in the mellow class. We were the fastest ones out there and on the smallest bikes.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, there were 4 that i can think of. the two Aprilias, the black gsxr600 and the repsol rep (1000?) the 600 wasn't any issue getting around, just that his pace was much slower than i would expect in the rowdy session. the Aprilias were no problem, exept when i went to pass them on the back straight, and they would start to pull away half way to the bend, but i just kept it pinned for 200 feet passed when he let off.
the guy on the Repsol bike was the most frustrating. i would be right behind him for several laps, giving him "the pipe", but it's hard to pass a 1000 on a 450. the Repsol guy is fast enough for the rowdy session, but i would have been nice if he had the courtesy to let me by on the back straight. i made sure was a good boy and didn't pass anywhere i wasn't suppose to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Gee Eric, it doesn't look like you had any fun.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey Eric, was the the wheelie you did right as i was about to lap you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Weird, the Repsol rep guy would let me by every time I came up behind him as would the gixxer 600 guy and one of the prillas. But the other prilla guy would keep it pinned down the back straight and then start turning in five miles before the down-hill corner and I'd always pass him on that short stretch at the end of the carousel before the lefthand corner heading up the hill to the bus stop. I could have passed him easy enough at the end of the back straight if I wanted to but I didn't want to freak him out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Gee Eric, it doesn't look like you had any fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I didn't do too many wheelies because I've got a really bad case of tennis elbow and wheelies don't help it. I did one wheelie all the way down the back straight for Mark to shoot photos of and a couple more here and there but that is it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey Eric, was the the wheelie you did right as i was about to lap you?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Owch.

That photo was the obligatory hero wheelie all the way down the back straight from the first session.

Personally, I like the photo of my rear tire lighting up as I'm standing the bike back up coming off of turn one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (dvo1)

Something about this makes me look big ( I am not ) or the bike look really small.

Dan V.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'm back out there on 8/27 and 9/3 and then its time to rebuild/modify my top-end (intake valves are starting to float from the valve springs going soft).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (dvo1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dvo1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Something about this makes me look big ( I am not ) or the bike look really small.

Dan V.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno. Looks about right to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Eric Landstrom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dunno. Looks about right to me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts