101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from Dallas on here with an RC?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, sounds like a plan.

i actually live in Colleyville, so I'm not too far from you.

I just bought my '04 and am breaking it in still. I got 60 whole miles on it. woo hooo :rockon

but that'll change soon. hhaha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wingnutt said:
:) how much better is it with the pipes and pc3, and do you have a map yet ?

i dunno. i just bought the bike and decided to break it in before I put the Ti and the PC on it, which I pick up at the bike shop tomorrow afternoon. I am going to take it to a local/reputable shop after I break it in to have them map it and tune it. I think I'll do the flapper mod and stuff first though.

the bike looks like i just rolled it from the showroom to my garage. haha

however, once I get it tuned and mapped, I'll post more info about the differences. I'll post the Dyno of it stock vs. the can w/ mods.

;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm up in Frisco.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Ya well you shure have a nice ride, and the RC has been my all-time favorite project. I Got mine in october with 500 miles 8 grand otd and spread the parts all over the living room last winter. Best bang for the buck 20 bucks 15 530 front sprocket and I kina butchered my rear fender,tucked the license plate light up and under looks good and saved a ton of dough. Got a turn signal eliminator,the tail lights flash 20 bucks.However hand signaling is a must!!! And some flushmounts for the front. Had to use a dremel and should have looked harder for a set that fit better also lockhart light bulbs are hard to find no numbers on the bulb and their minumum order is 300.00 Anyhow the list is real long at this point.MN. winter is on it's way now I have to get her on a diet and relocate the battery:D Have fun:clapper

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brando said:
I'm up in Frisco.

we should all hook up for a ride this sunday.

i got some questions for you about your mods. did you do them yourself?

I got a friend that races for Hotbodies, so he can get me the undertail cheap, so I will definitely be getting that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got family coming to visit this weekend, so the Sunday ride will not work for me. Any other time would work, I ride most every weekend.

I did most of the mods myself with help on the undertail, exhaust, PCIIIr, clutch and brake lines and the chain/sprocket conversion.

The undertail involved alot of cutting and trimming, fits well, looks great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dallas rc rider

I ride a 2004 RC and have been looking for some additional rc51 company. Seems all I can find is R1 and ZX10 users! My RC is stock except for an undertail conversion. Will be doing the Sato pipes, commander, and sprocket change soon though! So far I have enjoyed the stock bike far into the realm of blurred vision! Are there any groups or rides scheduled as I would like to possibly meet up with fellow RC"'ers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TXRC51fatboy said:
yes we do all need to get together and go ride some weekend.
well, that makes three 04's, an '03, and an '02 on this list so far. hahah

I am supposed to go dove hunting this weekend as well as another rider on this thread, so this coming weekend might not be the best. However, I do plan on riding one night this week. Either Wednesday or Thursday since I won't be riding this weekend.

Anyhow, let's all get a good group ride together and go rip it up with the Ducati boys that usually frequent the Blue Goose. I heard they do some good weekend rides.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TXRC51fatboy said:
every thursday taco bell on harwood and 121 in bedford we meet up around 7pm and roll about 8 to midnight or so post on dfwsportbike.com under SL forum and let us know if you want to ride thursday.

awesome, that is right down the road from me.

i ride with a pretty small group, all CMRA guys, so we don't roll out to Sonic too much. I get tired of sitting around that damn place looking at other peoples raggedy bikes. hahah Plus, it is hot outside. haha

Anyhow, I would be down to ride this Thursday, but I am headed to Kerrville to ride from Thursday to Sunday. You should make that trip with us sometime. Lots and LOTS of twins out there, with a few exceptions. Some wicked crazy riding too.

Anyhow, I'll shoot you a pm with my number so we can all hook up for a ride sometime.

Take care.

:rockon

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TXRC51fatboy said:
yea sonic blows we roll there about once every 2 months just to make a show. ride to kerrville sounds like a blast we are gonna start long rides on sat mornings next month once it cools off so we have to hook up and ride
indeed. me and my wife just trailer the bikes out to Kerville, because it is about 4-5 hours away from Dallas. Me and my brother have a condo out there and we grew up riding out there. It is insane. :eek: ....but so worth it. haha

That's great you guys don't roll out to Sonic. I hate that squid haven. hahah

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TX RC DUDE said:
Hey fellas, just found this thread.....

Let me know if you all are planning a ride and I'll hook up with ya.
wow, Wylie is way out there. I am from Rockwall.

I plan on doing some riding this Sunday for sure. We should all set something up. Hit a nice little twisty route. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
eldiabloe1 said:
Man you guys would plan a ride when I am going out of town... but I am going down to central Texas where the curves are! :woot:

awesome, just got back from out there, but will be making another trip soon.

we should all plan on a trip out there, even if it is just to Austin to ride the Hill Country out there. I have an awesome Austin route that is about a 4-8 hour ride, depending on which route you want to take. LOTS of twisties and ZERO cops, minimul country traffic. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.