Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase a Dainese Nitro-GP 1-pc suit but i'm having a difficult time trying to match a size to my body type. I'm 5'10" 195 with a 32" waist. From the size charts i've seen i would assume i'm a euro 54 but i have thicker legs and bigger butt and i'm afraid i won't fit. The euro 56 looks like it would be too long and i want to make sure the knee and elbow areas would match up. If anyone has similar build or experience with Dainese sizing i'd appreciate your help.
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Dainese Sizing 1pc Suit 5'10" 195lbs? (zachrc51)

I would highly recommend that you get to a shop and try on a Dianese before you buy it. They are cut for thin folk. I have two in a size 54 and I'm 6' - 175lbs. They are snug in the shoulders, the biceps, in the calfs and in the crotch.

Here's one of my suits and by the looks of it you would think that it would fit husky guys fine, but it certainly wouldn't.

DW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dainese Sizing 1pc Suit 5'10" 195lbs? (BMWHP)

Definately try some on. I'm your height, and a few pounds lighter, and more than a few years ago I was in a size 50 Euro. It was perfect in a track tuck, but when I tried to run it on the street it was too tight to shoulder check, gas up etc. Take a look at what you'll be riding also, I don't know if the have a track cut, and a street cut to the suits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Dainese Sizing 1pc Suit 5'10" 195lbs? (Just Riding Along)

I would love to try a suit on but Virginia Beach has nothing for sportbike apparel. I was hoping to find out whether i would have luck with a Dainese suit or if my build would force me to look into another brand or custom.
Thanks for the feedback.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 6'-1", 200 pounds. I wear a size 56 Spidi suit. I would never fit in a size 56 Dainese. Some models fit differently also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If this helps I'm 5'10" and about 200 lb. and I wear a 56 Dainese suit. My thighs measure 24.5" at the biggest part. My waist is a little larger, but the suit is not to long anywhere. I have to walk slightly hunched over in it so it doesn't split my sack in two. I would say the knees and elbows are perfect as far as length goes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zachrc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to purchase a Dainese Nitro-GP 1-pc suit but i'm having a difficult time trying to match a size to my body type. I'm 5'10" 195 with a 32" waist. From the size charts i've seen i would assume i'm a euro 54 but i have thicker legs and bigger butt and i'm afraid i won't fit. The euro 56 looks like it would be too long and i want to make sure the knee and elbow areas would match up. If anyone has similar build or experience with Dainese sizing i'd appreciate your help.
Thanks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You might want to consider RS Taichi.

I have always had problems Italian suits, because they are generally cut very tight in the legs. The Taichis give you more room in the leg area, and are comparable in price and quality to Dainese.

I'm 6'0", 200 lbs, with a 38" waist, and I wear a size 58 RS Taichi suit. I imagine you would probably wear a 56.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Dainese Sizing 1pc Suit 5'10" 195lbs? (AZ Scott)

You may also want to take a look at the RST suits at http://www.topendz.com

I've got the Dyno Race 1pc and I'm very happy with the quality and fit. Plus, compared to RS Taichi or Dainese, the price is great!! Everything listed on the site is in Canadian funds, go to http://www.xe.com to convert.

I'm 6' tall and about 185lbs, and the 56 fits well. It would probably be an absolute perfect fit if I was an inch shorter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You are probably a 54 in a Dainese. The fit will be tight. The suit, however, will stretch over time. I am 5'8" 185lbs with a 32-33" waist and a 43" chest and wear a 52- but it is race snug. Spidi is cut a bit larger. My Spidi one peice is a 52 but is more comfortable off the bike. Remember, these suits are designed to be worn on the bike, more so than off of the bike. An alternative may be a two piece. Two piece suits are not as fitted. They can be worn at the track provided the suit has a full circumference zipper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Dainese Sizing 1pc Suit 5'10" 195lbs? (socal)

Thanks for the sizing information. I'll look into some of the brands suggested, i appreciate the feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts