Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A French Desmosedici RR owner - I think he used to post here: P. Col - had his bike stolen two or three months ago. He had done 24,000 ks or so, inside the three years free service/warranty period, had that particular service done, needed a new crankshaft, the required parts took months to get, got the bike back, did another 1,000 ks very quickly to get the 'first' post-rebuild service done, bike got stolen - was the thief waiting for the rebuild? - and the bike has now been located in north Africa.

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39140

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Always curious to hear where bikes were stolen from. More often than not, the owner will spend $2k on an exhaust and have nothing more than a $5 padlock to secure it. I'm sure this wasn't the case for this guy, but I'd be curious to hear where they lifted it from.

If I was him I'd take the insurance check and run as fast as I could. That bike was gonna be a moneypit the rest of his ownership. Just buy another low miles bike and move on.;)

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I have pee running down my leg every time I read about an exotic race bred V4
being boosted... what is it about an Gp inspired machine that is so desirable???
I guess there is only one thing left for me to do...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I'd take the cash and run, He had one of the higher mileage bikes and regularly posted up on it. I'd cut my losses, buy an MV and pocket the rest for track days and women.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Could just pay some algerian 1000 euro and they will dispatch his life without even thinking about (throw in an extra 500 euro) and i am sure they will send you pics of his head...it is africa afterall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.