Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
racing soon...
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers fella's, i don't have a shed/workshop so needs must! the place would look bare without em now!

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Excellent work! what is the capacity of the tank? is that a 929/954 gas tank as a shell?

forgot to ask, how did you resolve the fuel pump issue? How about venting?(the fuel pump can collapse the tank, but I'm sure you are aware of that..) (oh and I'm not trying to troll or fish in your thread :D )

·
racing soon...
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:notworthy just filled er up 7litres but have yet to put baffle foam in so will be a bit less will give exact details when done,
we've got the Southern100 coarse,Jurby South Road coarse and plenty of other stuff,you can't beat the mountain though as there is no speed limit and its fookin fast :rockon ,
the tank dummy is off a 600rr,fuel pump is mounted on a ring with bolts through welded to the bottom of the tank ala standard,there is a breather pipe off the front with a one way valve going to a catch bottle mounted on the snorkel, will drain fuel take tank off and post some more pics...

·
racing soon...
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the rads used are : Spondon rc30 race rad(top rad)you could also use a vfr750/nc30/rvf400 with a little fettleing! , husquavarna?510/610?motox thing!(side rad), sp2 oil cooler with compressed/swagged fittings cut off and relocated with dash08 goodridge 810 oil hose.
The electrics have to be relocated as per Thorsten but i squeezed mine in as shown below,the pc is not mounted properly yet,i had the electrics located like this with side rads, the pc was mounted by the bracket for the overflow pipes holder? and the rectifyer down there also,and the front coil was mounted off the original oil cooler bracket

·
racing soon...
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when i get the dummy pulled in tighter there is not a lot of gap (like an inch or so) so i was thinking of trying to get it sealed with some foam or rubber? not weighed the tank yet but it feels like at least a third of the standard tank, i've no batteries in my scales so will have to get some later and weigh it now!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey rrr,

Is there Any way to make a fuel cell like yours but alittle smaller, to be able to use with the OEM fuel cell? I'm very interested in that IF It could be made to work.... I want More Fuel capacity!
Approx. how much would you sell the "UnderSeat Fuel cell" for, if you were going to make extras too sell?

Thanks for posting Your pictures here, Awesome to see others still pushing the RC51 envlope!:clapper

Strange/Funny how this Very topic has come up again, JUST with in a day or two of one another... At least you've got pictures, right guys...:p Didn't mention anything about selling them either..? Hahahahaa

You don't by any chance start her up inside do you?:wacky :D Hahahahaa

Peace Jeff

·
racing soon...
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll give it some thought and let you know...
Was gonna get this done a couple of years ago but lifes tradgedies got in the way.
I just wanted to get this out there to give ideas/help others here in their efforts.
Being very competitive just had to show mine first!
Have started her up inside before now but the missus/neighbours don't appreciate it much:wacky 's! so now i just stick the back end out of the front door and rev the tits out of it:woot: :D :woot:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.