Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone read the cycleworld master bike article this month? To summerize they do a racetrack(valencia spain)comparo of the 600's,twins,&1000's taking the winner of each category and running them head to head on track.Officially the ZX-10R won the test, but in reality the Ducati 999S really was the fastest with proffessional roadracer Arne Tode onboard both machines...he was given 5 laps on all the bikes to get the fastest lap he could, the flagman miscounted and on the 6th lap on the duc he went faster than any bike on test, but it didn't 'officially' count since only 5 laps were allowed...funny how so many feel the V-twin race replica is dead, but here is the 999S beating the gixxer,zx-10,r1 & cbr1000 around the track...& how about e-boz dusting off everyone at laguna
I hate to say it, but at least ducati still has the nuts to keep developing, winning and selling a top notch V-twin...if honda just lets the RC die there are going to be a lot of former RC owners going to ducati, because so many don't want an inline 4

Eric
01RC51

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Cycle World 'master bike' article (emakadoshus)

Congrats to the Duc, but I can personally go faster around a track on my ZX-10 (stock) and CBR-1K (Arrow slip-on) than my modded RC (Ohlins, Satos, etc.).
I actually went the fastest on an R6 just to further confuse things (it was a highly modded race bike.) Maybe some people's riding style suits a twin while others an inline?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reckon it is easier to go faster with a 999S than with a RC51. The 999 is more nimble, got more brakes and the like. It's also hard to go fast on the newer 1000cc inline 4. They are not easy to handle (that is, without high siding to the moon in every corner exit)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (old timer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old timer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Proves a top-notch rider can go fast on anything...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

they compared the ZX-6R against the other 2 mentiond(same rider) and the lap time was just over a second slower than the ZX-10R, and the 999S..pretty impressive for a 636 imo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (rc51crazy)

I think the point is Ducati has continued to devlop their v-twin where as Honda has allowed the rc die a slow technological death

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (casjoker)

just curious here but what does a 999s cost? what type of suspension does the S have stock, ohlins? i would think that much better suspension would make a significant differenc on the track, no?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (mrgrn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrgrn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just curious here but what does a 999s cost? what type of suspension does the S have stock, ohlins? i would think that much better suspension would make a significant differenc on the track, no?</TD></TR></TABLE>
+1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.