Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my scanner is fixed here are the dyno charts for my 2001 model UK spec bike. Mods are Thorsten/Turn One airbox, full Akrapovic, flapper valve, PAIR removal etc & on plug stick coils from a 2003 Blade.

I used a piece of dual layer MX type foam for the filter lightly oiled as the stuff supplied with the airbox seemed poor (looked like glassfibre tissue). Seemed to have worked ok as do the ignition coils - the subject of some debate recently.

Anyone who wants a copy of the map please PM me - those that have already I will mail them tomorrow.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice looking graph. Glad it all works well. Clearly the ignition works but I would like to see this graph compared to the bike with stock ignition. It would be interesting to see if there is any gain from the modification.

Congratulations though, it is a nice looking graph. Is this bike for the street or track?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking graph. Glad it all works well. Clearly the ignition works but I would like to see this graph compared to the bike with stock ignition. It would be interesting to see if there is any gain from the modification.

Congratulations though, it is a nice looking graph. Is this bike for the street or track?
Yes I agree it would have been nice to have a comparison between stock & modified ignition but it is interesting to see that the stick coils havent hurt the power. I doubt if there is any power gain to had but it was interesting to do & cheap.
The bike is for street use & I use plain old 95 RON (I think) unleaded pump fuel. We only have 2 grades in UK - 95 Regular & 98 Super Unleaded. Regular seems fine.

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts