Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTB Custom Coolant Hoses

I also have a 90 ZX7. I need to replace my coolant hose but Kawasaki does not sell a couple of them. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some custom hoses made. They will have to be molded.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent emails out to Samco, Moto Hose and Hose Tech. So far, these are the responses I have received:

Samco has not responded

Moto Hose said this:
Yes, we can make the complete radiator hose kit for your ZX. All we ask is
for 3 kits to be pre sold and paid for. A rough guess on the price for each
kit will be $250 We will need a complete set of the stock hoses to make the
molds. This process can take any where from 1.5 to 3 months to complete.

Hose Tech said this:
We are manufacturing Radiator hoses for Automotive. Of course we can make your hose.
To make a new hose I need an original hose or drawing to copy.
To make any new hose we have a situation that we need to make tooling. If this application is for quantity then we adsorb the tooling costs. If this is only for one set, then we charge tooling.
Let me know how to proceed.

Neither of these are great option. Anyone else have any ideas? I have crawled through both AutoZone and Napa auto parts store.

·
2,737 Posts
I made some molded rubber/braid hoses for a processing machine a while back. It's quite simple but yes, the tooling is the issue. Molds for oneseys twoseys can be quite simple. Fiberglass, plywood or even plaster of paris made from a decent original. Purchase the hose you need and heat it in glycol to ~350 degrees and flop that piece of spaghetti in the mold and close it up.
The hard plastic lines we see for low pressure hydraulics, air lines etc., that are formed are made this way on very simple plywood molds.

Having said that, no, I don't want to take the time and effort to tool up for one or two pieces. The costs would be similar to what the pros charge.

Many times we can go into a well stocked automotive store and look at the wall of preformed hoses. From this we can spy a correct bend and cross section and cut off the parts we don't need. Typically this is a good solution for $15 or less.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I finally receive a response from a Samco dealer in UK (www.racebikebitz.com). They do have them for the H model. $209 plus $25 for shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts