Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for your opinions. I mounted my GoPro HD on my helmet for my most recent track day, check out this video, do you think the audio is f'ed up? Seems like the mic is distorting the wind noise at speed? The angle I mounted the camera sucks, first time so I didn't realize... Also, last session of the day, the skies really opened up. In retrospect, probably shouldn't have even gone out there. After my crash the novice class was shut down.
YouTube - Crash, April 2010, Edit

·
Registered
947 Posts
can't get to youtube right now but if it's just too loud, put some cotton over the microphone. my regular gopro sucks for audio too

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't get to youtube right now but if it's just too loud, put some cotton over the microphone. my regular gopro sucks for audio too
Hmmm, good idea. I heard the original GoPro audio sucked, and the HD was "supposed" to be MUCH better. I'm kind of an audio geek, so maybe I'm just being anal, but I'm convinced its more than just loud. Seems distorted, like the mic is fried... The GoPro people say its normal, guess I'll just try the cotton trick next time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Damn - seems like everybody crashes in turn 2 where the pavement is broken up. Most people go in wide and apex late there to avoid it and get a good run down into turn 4.

Another tidbit - apex VERY late in turn 4 to get a good run up the hill. Perfect passing zone as you can carry a lot more speed around people hitting the actual apex and chugging up the hill.

Oh, and your audio sounded OK to me...

Eric

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sounds good to me but check your volume setting,if it's set on hi switch it to low and your sound should be better!
FOK that rain!!!

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn - seems like everybody crashes in turn 2 where the pavement is broken up. Most people go in wide and apex late there to avoid it and get a good run down into turn 4.

Another tidbit - apex VERY late in turn 4 to get a good run up the hill. Perfect passing zone as you can carry a lot more speed around people hitting the actual apex and chugging up the hill.

Oh, and your audio sounded OK to me...

Eric
Yea, when I got back to the paddock the guys said that corner is notorious for taking down newbs like myself...:wtf

Borislav, the camera doesn't have a hi/lo volume setting. But, I'm assuming there's some video editing software out there that has decent audio editing capabilities too? I'm also assuming that if such software exists I'm too cheap to shell out the loot for it.

BUT, it still sounds like the mic is broken to me.:banghead

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wow, that thing washed out in a heartbeat. Glad you're ok, I have to say the runout areas are not always perfect in our tracks, but some of yours seem to be mucho worse :eek:

Well, I'm a chicken what comes to track riding in the wet, I just hate it.

Oh, as regards the sound, I think it's fine. You could also try a piece of soft plastic foam and duct tape to block the wind noise (if that's your main concern).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds to me like you have used the waterproof back cover, this will muffle the sound in most instances. Vented back cover will give much better results, although naturally not as waterproof :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts